Are 5 Pound Ankle Weights/dumbells ***NOT*** Targeting the Abs Okay After 3 Weeks, and Before the 6 Weeks?

I fully understand that I am not suppose to do any "strenuous" exercise until I am 6 weeks post-op, per my doctor. I am now 3 weeks post op and am dying to do some exercises. Can I not at the very least use 5 lb. dumbbells for my biceps and triceps (making sure it does not put a strain on my abs, of course), and 5 lb. ankle weights for my inner and outer thighs; laying down, lifting my legs (again, w/o ab strain) with the 5 lb. weight restriction? 5 lbs, 15 reps & 3 sets. Doesn't seem strenuous.

+1

It is commendable that you wish to return to exercise as soon as possible after surgery. Your plastic surgeon alone should be your resource when it comes to determining the return to specific activities after the specific procedures performed.

He/she will know exactly how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Remember, that he/she is ultimately responsible for your care. Online consultants' advise here may be confusing (and even dangerous).

Are 5 Pound Ankle Weights/dumbells ***NOT*** Targeting the Abs Okay After 3 Weeks,

+1

This question, if not specifically answered in your written instructions, should be addressed to your surgeon, who knows what was done, and who has followed your recovery.

All the best.