My Saline Implant Just Ruptured Not Even 2 Years Old. I Paid $10,000 to Not Have Any Incisions? (photo)

I'm very upset and annoyed and feel like I wasted my money. How much will it cost to get it fixed and will they have to make any incisions? Is it normal for a 2yr old implant to rupture? also I feel numbness on that right side of my arm.

My Saline Implant Just Ruptured Not Even 2 Years Old. I Paid $10,000 to Not Have Any Incisions?

+1

If you had placement through the belly button, the implants can sometimes be removed through the belly button without an additional scar on the breast.  This can be very challenging even for a surgeon who performs hundreds each year.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

$10,000 for a saline breast augmentation???

+1

That price seems unusually high for that procedure.  And you must have a scar somewhere on your body (belly button?  underarm?) to have had implants placed.

Your ruptured implant should be covered under manufacturer warranty.  Your implant card should have manufacturer information on it.  Or you can call your surgeon's office.

The replacement should be possible using the same incisions you had the first time.

Carmen Kavali, MD

+1

Your implants should be under a warranty! BUT unless you had them done out of USA??? Do you have an implant records or card?? 

No incisions?

+1

You cant have implants without an incision. Talk to your surgeon. The implants are guaranteed that if they rupture you will get new ones for free, but there is a charge to put them in again. It is uncommon for both to rupture after 2 years, but it can happen. Find your implant ID card and take it back to your doctor.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Implant rupture

+1
Sorry to hear about it. It is impossible to place implants without incisions! It is, therefore, impossible to replace without an incision but this is usually done through the scar to avoid additional scarring. Rupture at two years is rare but not impossible. I would ask if you have confirmed the rupture with a sonogram or other diagnostic test. As for the numbness in your arm, that would be completely unrelated; the saline will be reabsorbed into your body. Re-implantation of the one side only is obviously less expensive that the original augment but a consultation would be necessary to make a fee recommendation. I will say that from my experience, $10k is high for a saline augment in this area.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Saline Implant Ruptured

+1

This doesn't happen very often.  Most of the implant companies offer assistance to the patient if they have a deflation within the first 5 years.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Concerns after Breast Implant Rupture?

+1

Unfortunately, breast implants can leak at any time. Fortunately, the breast implant companies do provide assistance in terms of replacing the breast implant and a stipend to return to the operating room. Although these funds may not completely cover cost of surgery, much of surgical expenses will likely be covered, especially if you have surgery with your original surgeon. Most plastic surgeons would use the same incision used during the breast augmentation procedure, to remove/replace the deflated breast implant.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.