Cortisone Injections for Liposuction Scar Tissue Lumps

I am a 34 year old woman 130lb. 5 wks ago I had liposuction on my neck and CO2 laser (to the underside of neck skin). It has not healed well and appears hard, lumpy, wavy and uneven. Today I saw my Dr who said that the scar tissue has hardened under the skin and he injected cortisone into it. I would like to know; how long before the cortisone works, will it work and is there anything else I can do. Thank you

Post lipo stiffness, lumps, waviness.

+2

Depending on the steroid, usuall you will see some improvement at about a week, and it contiues to improve after that.  You doctor may advise you on massage, stretching, and perhaps other modalities.

Cortisone injections for scar tissue

+1

It may take several weeks to months before the full effect of the steroid injections is observed. Usually when steroid is injected into scar tissue it result in a softer, flatter scar. Optimal results may require multiple treatments spaced out over a few weeks.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Liposuction and Scar Formation

+1

It will take a few weeks before you can see a noticeable difference.  In general though it may take about 4 months before the area settles in and softens.

You may have to be patient and wait and see.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Cortisone for scarring

+1

often there is improvement felt in the first few weeks after corticosteroid injections but it takes several monthly sessions for some thick scars to become softer and flatter.

Ronald Shelton, MD