Corticosteroids 16 Days Post Op?

After my surgery, I only had slight bruising because my PS hasn't broken my nose but he also didn't put a splint on it. I had my nose taped for a week, but once he took the tape off I was shocked at how swollen my cheeks my bridge and the area between my eyes were. I took antibiotics for 10 days now 16 days post op I was wondering if I could start taking a limited course of oral corticosteroids. If so for how long and how often?

Should corticosteroids be taken 16 days after rhinoplasty?

+1

Even though your nose was not broken during your rhinoplasty, there still can be a significant amount of swelling of the nose after surgery.  It is not unusual for the swelling to look a little worse after the tape is removed.  I would not recommend using oral corticosteroids, as the swelling will resolve by itself over more time.  It can take 6-12 months for the healing process to be completed.  If you feel the swelling is not improving, you should contact your surgeon.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling between the eyes after a rhinoplasty with no splint

+1

I would avoid the use of steroids for  your swelling as this will go down by itself.  Swelling in this area may have been temporarily avoided by the use of a splint but in the long term would have made no difference.