What Corset to Wear?

Hi I m having TT procedure in less than a week. Please can you advise what type of corset I need to buy? Thanks

Corset after tummy tuck

+2

Some surgeons do not want their patients to wear a corset immediately after surgery. You should really check in with your own surgeon. We generally use Design Veronique for our patients.

Plastic surgeon should provide this for you

+2

Dear Twinfun,

I, and most other plastic surgeons, provide the abdominal binder (corset) for patients undergoing tummy tuck surgery.  Doing so allows to make sure it is the right length, width, strength, and that its available during surgery.  I suspect this is also the case with your plastic surgeon, but I would start there to make sure.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

"Corset" After Tummy Tuck

+1

In my practice, I place patients into a surgical abdominoplasty garment after surgery. I allow them to change out of it and into a Spanx-type garment after the first 2-3 weeks post operatively. It is best to ask your plastic surgeon what he prefers.

Hope this helps.

R. Michael Koch, MD
Tarrytown Plastic Surgeon

What Corset to Wear?

+1

This is definitely a question you need to discuss with the surgeon performing your surgery because surgeons vary greatly on which post-op garments, if any, they prefer.

Janet Woodyard, MD

What Corset to Wear?

+1

Your surgeon, who is responsible for your post-op management is the best resource for this specific type of question. 

All the best. 

What type of "corset" to wear after tummy tuck surgery?

+1

Ask your surgeon what (if any) they recommend. Not all surgeons advocate that after this surgery (for example, I don't have my patients wear anything like that). Your surgeon may have a different protocol, so they will be able to tell you exactly what they prefer for their patients. Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Matthew Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Post op corset

+1

I give patients a post op binder to wear after an abdominoplasty.  I do also recommend certain types of "Spanks."  Best to check with your plastic surgeon.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

The choice of compressive garment after abdominoplasty is made by your surgeon.

+1

There were many varieties of compressive garments available in the wake of surgery. I have my own preferences but your own surgeon will determine yours.

What surgical garment to wear after surgery.

+1

There are several different surgical compression garments/corsets on the market which will serve your needs fine.  Most plastic surgeons provide the first garment for their patients.  As long as the garment covers the areas operated on and gives a gentle compression to the area, any one is fine.  Ask your surgeon which they would recommend.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Surgical Garments

+1

There are many good surgical garments on the market.  Your surgeon is the best to recommend this to you.  Most surgeons provide the first garment to you.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD