Are Rhinoplasty Results Permanent?

I Want to Have Corrective Surgery on my Nose, but How Can Be Sure It Won't Grow Again?

Are Rhinoplasty Results Permanent

+1

The short answer is yes, but it changes and ages with you if done properly. Your nose ages like your face, but in a more incremental manner. It lengthens and begins to sag or droop in the tip area which is why one needs to address this often at the time I perform a facelift on many of my patients.

Rhinoplasty results are permanent

+1

The face ceases to grow at about age 15-16 for girls and 17 for boys. At that point it is acceptable to undergo a rhinoplasty and the results are permanent.  

Are Rhinoplasty Results Permanent?

+1

Rhinoplasty results are permanent, so carefully select your surgeon. Your nose will age, but will always look better than if you had not had the surgery.

Effective Rhinoplasty Results are Longlasting

+1

Rhinoplasty patients must seek out rhinoplasty experts who can deliver the changes in nasal appearance that the patient desires.  If they select a rhinoplasty expert and the results are what the patient expects or in some case exceed the patients's expectations then the results should be long lasting.

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results are permanent

+1

Rhinoplasty results are permanent, although about 5-10% of patients require revision surgery.  If necessary, small modifications are made at this secondary procedure. The nose continues to change for approximately 6 months or more after the initial procedure, so usually no further surgery is performed until the surgeon is confident the swelling has subsided.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

+1

Rhinoplasty results are permanent so consider the doctor and the procedure very carefully.  Good luck with your choice.

Are Rhinoplasty results permanent?

+1

Hello Cardiff,

Yes, the results of well performed rhinoplasty are permanent and should provide you with a life long improvement. As you age and your facial features change so will the nose, but this should happen within the context of the changes made during surgery.

Dr. A. Gantous

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results are permanent.

+1

Hi.

It's a difficult operation with a fair number of dissatisfied patients.  So find a surgeon with a good reputation and ask to see a lot of before and after pictures.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)