How Long To Wait For Corrective Surgery for Nose After Dermal Filler Necrosis?

Hi,I had dermal fillers injected in my nose in mid jan and developed complications (infection and necrosis 4inc x 3inc).my healing was thru secondary intention and after 2 mths, my nose is fully covered but with indents,discoloration,skin still thin,red,itchy.how long would it take for my nose to be ready for corrective surgery?thanks

Surgery for Nose After Dermal Filler Necrosis

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person - but possibly up to 12 months

Correction of scars from filler injection in the nose

+1

We would consider the correction of your scar as any other scar revision. You are best to wait a full year to allow the healing cycle to complete, and the skin to soften. Sunscreen and gentle massage are helpful. Laser treatments are probably not. Take time to let the skin recover naturally.

Nasal Necrosis

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  It is hard to say when the ideal time for intervention would be without seeing the extent and condition of the situation.  You need to be under close supervision by a board certified specialist who can guide you during this and determine the appropriate time for intervention.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Correction of Dermal Tissue Loss After Fillers

+1

Presuming that was from hyaluronic acid fillers like restylane or juvederm I would wait at least six months for the skin to normalize and see what specifically needs to be corrected. In order to correct those areas, the skin must become untethered from the undelying nasal skeleton to optimize repair. I would in the interim consider vascular laser treatments to help with the redness and may improve the final appearance of the scars as well. Good luck,

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon