Corrective Surgery After Breast Reduction Surgery?

I was wondering how many others have had to go back and have one breast reduced to match the other breast after surgery. My left breast is a cup size bigger than the right breast. I also have to have scar tissure removed that has attached to my ribs. Is this unusual?

Breast Reduction Revisionary Surgery Concerns?

Thank you for the question but I think that it will be difficult to find you objective statistics about the rate of breast reduction revisionary surgery.  Hopefully you are working with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will be able to, with additional surgery, improve your breast symmetry/scarring concerns significantly.

Minor revisions after breast reduction

Minor revisions following breast reduction surgery are not extremely uncommon. However, a full cup size discrepancy does seem to be a bit much. I would consider imaging the larger breast to exclude a new mass or fluid collection, especially if you notice that it is getting larger.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Concerns about symmetry following breast reduction surgery

Your breast are sisters and not twins.  Absolute symmetry is difficult to achieve.  It you are unhappy with your result you should have a thoughtful discussion with your plastic surgeon about your alternatives.