How Soon Can I Have Correctional Surgery on my Upper Eyelid That Developed a Mass of Loose Skin in the Corner?

I had my eyelids done 2 weeks ago. Most of the swelling is gone but, one eye has loose skin in corner and it's getting worse as the swelling subsides. This eye is also "weeping". It's very noticeable now the swelling is almost gone and embarrassing. Can I have it removed with local anesthesia.? Also the eyelids and cut are not symmetrical.

Eyelid surgery

+1

Two weeks is a short time after surgery. Be patient and let the healing take its course. But do follow with your PS. Should there remain some issue after healing is complete that can be corrected with minor, local, office procedure.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Loose Upper Eyelid Skin at Corner after Blepharoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon for you to have some small asymmetries and redundancy of skin at the corner of the eyes following a blepharoplasty.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon.  If these changes do not resolve completely you may end up needing a small revision procedure.

Michael Sundine, MD

Eyelid asymmetry common after surgery

+1

Everyone's eyelids are asymmetric before and after eyelid surgery.  It is important to wait until all the swelling has resolved before considering revision surgery, at least 6 weeks.  Most times the swelling resolves and no treatment is needed, however, minor revisions are sometimes necessary and can be performed as an outpatient under a local anesthetic in an office setting.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon