Correction to Tubular Breasts Without Areola Reduction

If mild case of tubular breast, without need of a lift. I want implants (small, like 250 CC) and internal incisions to correct the tubular deformity, but can all that be possibly done witout a reduction of the areolas (incision all around)? They are 4,5cm, maybe a little bigger than normal, but they dont butter me that much. I'm scared of the scars...

Tubular breast deformity correction & breast augmentation

+2

It is almost always necessary to make a periareolar incision and to correct the size of the areola and release the soft tissue constriction around the areaola in a tubular breast. This is true because even if your areola does not seem too large now, it will stretch out after implant placement and it will continue to stretch even after-wards. Obviously, I have not seen your pictures and have not examined you to be able to tell you the full story!

Tubular breast correction without peri-areolar incision

+1

HI,

You do not need a peri-areolar incision to correct mild tubular breast deformity. An incision in the breast crease for the implant insertion with scoring of the internal breast capsule will help to spread the tissue out over the implant. You may still have protrusion of the areolae, but if it doesn't bother you then that is fine. I perform many augments this way on patients with mild tubular breast deformity and have had excellent results.

All my best,

D. Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Maybe.

+1

Kyana,

Tubular breast deformities come in all shapes and sizes.  It can be a very difficult problem

to reconstruct.  If it's not too severe, a single incision with internal incisions in the breast tissue

to allow it to spread out may be all that is necessary, in addition to a small implant.

There has to be an incision/scar somewhere.  If you don't want a scar around your areola,

have the incision in the fold of your breast.  If you think the areola is too large later on,

you can always have it reduce at a later date.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Tubular breasts

+1

Without photos it is difficult to say but perhaps possible.  Usually the areola need to be reduced because the tissue herniates into the areola, and the base is narrow and needs to be widened.

TUBULAR BREASTS

+1

Hi Kyana,

Since there are different degrees of tubular breast deformities photos would be helpful.  An areolar reduction is not always necessary but in most cases will provide a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.  If you are planning on an areolar approach for the Breast Augmentation the additional scarring probably will not be significant.  You are selecting relatively small-sized implants which probably will not have that great of an affect on areolar stretching.  Best of luck.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Please send pictures

+1

The size of the aerola may be OK with you now ,but imagine the implant under the breast tissue  causing more stretching and enlarging the nipple-aerola complex. You can get the implant first and lift later which is also safer. The other option is fat grafting with or without lift.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon