Correction or removal of Breast Implants/bottoming out/unevenness? I had no breast tissue and the little I did have was tubular.

I had implants 3 years ago and am unhappy. I had no breast tissue and the little I did have was tubular. My implants are anatomical, under the muscle, take me to a B cup and I wanted them just to have a little breast tissue - as natural as possible.I would love to have them reduced in size or removed. They are so low and odd looking. I don't think they have bottomed out. They have been in this position since the surgery, and the scar is in the correct place. What can I do? Will they look terrible removed?

Removing implants vs. going to a smaller size

+2

The usual result of a breast augmentation is to give you a bigger version of yourself.  If you had small tubular breasts then the asymmetry that you have was likely present prior to surgery.  It seems you biggest complaint is size.  If you are unhappy at 3 years post op it is unlikely that you will ever be  happy with the size.  It is possible to reduce the size of your implants and hopefully get you to a size that you feel comfortable with.  If you completely remove the implant it is likely that you will have some laxity of breast tissue and skin.  If you are concerned about bottoming out then it can be repaired.  My suggestion would be to find out what size implant you have in place and understand that if you go down 100 cc it would amount to about 1/2 cup size.  

Unhappy after Breast Augmentation and Considering Removal...

+2

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast augmentation surgery. As you can imagine, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.  Some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

Generally speaking,what breasts look like after removal or down sizing of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed or replaced with smaller implants.

If you do choose to downsize the breast implants, you may also benefit from internal suture work (capsulorraphy) to modify the breast implant pockets as well.

Ultimately, whether you choose to have breast implants removed or downsized will be a very personal decision that should be made after careful consideration.  Hopefully, your plastic surgeon will be able to help you with this potentially difficult decision ( he/she will have much more information, such as breast implant size etc. than online consultants do).

You may find the attached link helpful to you.

Implant Removal: Will Breasts Look Terrible?

+1

If you had very little tissue before surgery, then you will have little tissue after implant removal.  This breast tissue will likely be loose.  However, the tissue can be shaped to some extent or lifted as necessary.  However, the volume will be gone.

Breast augmentation

+1

I am sorry that you are unahppy with your breast augmentation result but it is very difficult to properly evaluate you solely on photos. I suggest you go for a second opinion in person.