Can I Get a Correction Breast Lift Surgery Since my Nipples Are Raised Too High? (photo)

It has been 54 days since my breast lift surgery which I had done by a well known plastic surgeon in India. Unfortunately, I do not like the results, he made a lollipop incision which could have resulted in high nipple. Anyways, I would like to know how I can go about fixing this problem with and without surgery. I am 20 yrs old and considering having my babies consecutively around 22 or 23, and I want to breastfeed. Should I get the surgery before or after?

Pseudo ptosis

+2
looks like the surgeon placed implants as well. What you have is pseudoptosis of breast and implant. it is very difficult to bring the nipple down, but tightening the lower breast tissue will help to shape the breast, which will give a more natural look.

Panama City Plastic Surgeon

Lowering nipples that are too high after breast lift

+1

It appears that your nipples can be lowered by removing skin along the breast crease. This will convert your lollipop scar into an anchor scar. If you prefer to see another surgeon, you should find a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery and revisional procedures.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Nipples too high after breast lift

+1

I usually say that it is too early to judge the result of a breast lift 3 weeks post op.  It does appear however that your nipples may be too high and you may need a revision surgery when you are 6 months out.  I would not rush into anything and I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon first.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Hi nipples

+1

Hi Dk11,

Nipples can be either placed too high, or appear to be high because of the increased length from the nipple down to the inframammary fold.  That is, the vertical incision is too long.  In both cases correction is possible, although it is much easier in the latter case.  Based on your photos, it appears that your nipples appear high due to an excessive length of your vertical incision.  This problem results in lack of upper pole fullness, and nipples/areolas that are difficult to cover in a bra or bikini.  To correct this, you may require a horizontal incision.  There are techniques that can shorten the vertical length without the horizontal incision.  This is similar to breast lift surgery that avoids the horizontal incision called Vertical Mammaplasty.  Try to find a plastic surgeon that has experience in the vertical mammaplasty, as it is to your benefit to correct this problem without the long horizontal incision.

Good luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Ow to correct the nipples being too high after a lollipop mastopexy?

+1

The nipples seem to be too high and asymmetric in position. I would correct that by excising skin at the inframammary crease and attempt to correct the nipple asymmetry. you would end up with an inverted T incision. I would wait till after your pregenancy and do the final correction when you are done breast feeding.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Lowering the Nipples Post Breast Lift

+1

The simplest way to improve the appearance of your breasts would be to convert the lollipop incision to an anchor-shape; ie, excise horizontal ellipses along your inframammary creases.  Whether you do this now or after pregnancies is up to you although if you believe pregnancies are imminent it probably makes more sense to wait until you're done and then address these and any other issues that may have arisen.

I hope that his helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Nipples too high

+1

You can excise lower pole breast skin using a horizontal crease incision, pulling the nipple back down.  If you have a breast implant, switching to a smaller volume (or none at all) may facilitate this.  

Alternatively, the tissue expansion approach to the upper pole can work - but is multiple stages.

Either way, it can be challenging.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Correction of high nipples

+1

Correction of high-riding nipples is difficult as it will result in unwanted scarring above the nipple. Another option is placement of a tissue expander to stretch the skin before correcting nipple position. In light of your plans for pregnancy and breast feeding, I would wait as that will result in expansion of your breast and allow for correction after without the need for more surgery now. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

+1

High riding nipples are very difficult to correct 

Moving the nipples down will result in scars above the nipple

I have had success in placing a tissue expander in the upper pole of the breast, expanding the tissue and then reducing the volume. following this the lower pole needs to be reduced

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

I would suggest you wait until after you have your children. Pregnancy will stretch the skin, making the revision surgery easier.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon