Is Correction of an Asymmetrical Gluteal Crease Possible?

One of my gluteal creases is a good two inches lower than the other, looking much bigger and longer. There is actually a slight "beginning" of a crease above this one, in line with my other buttock crease where the crease should be.

This is a very frustrating problem I have with my body that makes me feel self conscious in a bikini and in leggings. I am assuming this problem is uncommon as I cannot find any information about it or any procedures that can be done? This embarrassing asymmetry is making me very unhappy. Please help!

Can I Equalize My Buttocks Creases And What Is The Best Technique?

+1

The buttocks is a very interesting area of the body.  If you suck the fat out, the butt will deflate and hang lower, but the crease will not change.  If you put fat into the butt, this will give you a buttocks lift of the deflated skin, but the crease will not change.  When buttocks creases are at two different levels, surgical intervention to create a new crease at a higher location and not fat grafting will correct the problem.

An ellipse approximately 3-1/2" long incorporating about 1/2" of the bottom of the buttocks, and 1/2" - 3/4" on the posterior thigh can elevate a low hanging crease when permanent sutures are placed from the SFS to the ishial tuberosity (the permanent suture pulls the fat below the dermis up to the bones at the bottom of the butt), and curves the tissue of the buttocks in to create a new crease.  Usually, about 3 permanent sutures are used to create this crease.  The resulting scar, if sutured correctly, is usually favorable because it is thin and well hidden in the crease.

This is, in fact, not an unusual situation.  The surgery used to correct this problem is a combination of the work of both Ted Lockwood, M.D. of Kansas City and Louis Toledo, M.D. of San Paulo, Brazil.

Obviously, this surgery is for professionals well trained in body lifting techniques.  Consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon with the aforesaid credentials.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Butt lift

+1

Fat transfer will probably be the best way to improve the crease (even eliminate it).  The problem with liposuction is that it could make matters worse.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

It is possible to correct and asymmetric gluteal crease

+1

Patients today have multiple choices in the correction of the contour, shape, and size of their butt. If you have an asymmetric gluteal crease, this can be addressed with liposuction or fat grafting around this area. For best results, be sure that you obtain a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great till of experience and butt augmentation, butt contouring, and fat grafting techniques. They will be able to examine you and present the options that will help you meet your aesthetic goals.

For our out of town patients, we offer the exclusive iConsult service. This allows us to connect your computer to our encrypted server so that you may see your own pictures transform in front of your eyes during the iConsult. This is also excellent opportunity to ask any questions that you may have of the surgeon. Out of town patients then come to town the day before the surgery for their real in person consult with their physical findings are confirmed and surgical plan is reviewed. Patients then receive the surgery the following day and then get to recover in beautiful South Florida!

Pat Pazmino, MD

Gluteal crease

+1

You may improve on your situation by a combination of liposuction and fat transfer. This problem is seen after excessive liposuction of the posterio thigh or banana deformity. And probably can be addressed as such.

Posting pictures will help give you better advise

Double gluteal crease.

+1

This is a complex problem and can likely be improved but not completely corrected. Repair would involve use of liposuction and/or the use of dermolipectomy to excise the redundant skin.