Correcting Wide, Bulbous and Upturned Nose?

I know I don't have an attractive face to begin with, but I can't stand my nose. I feel like it doesn't work with the rest of my face and it takes away any chance I have of looking halfway attractive.

I was hoping I could get information on the surgery required to fix it, and a possible price range. Thank you so much.

Correcting a Bulbous Tip & Upturned Nose With Rhinoplasty

+2

Rhinoplasty can effectively correct problems such as a bulbous tip and a nose that is upturned -- these can be a complex combination of problems that a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty should address.

The appearance of a "bulbous tip" most commonly arises from the shape of the underlying cartilages. If this is the case, the lower lateral cartilages (tip cartilages) can be trimmed and reshaped either with sutures or with grafts to relieve the excess curvature.

An upturned nose can be rotated downward. This usually involves using a cartilage graft from the septum to lengthen the nose and to support the tip.

To get a better understanding of what your nose would look like after surgery, your prospective rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to show you before and after computer simulations. Many rhinoplasty surgeons use computer imaging, and recently 3D rhinoplasty imaging has become available.

Web reference: http://rhinoplasty-usa.com/html/meet-dr-cochran.html

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

See a rhinoplasty specialist.

+1

The things you mentioned can be corrected and leave you with a natural looking, attractive nose. BUT you have to do your homework first. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you real patients he has done.

Rhinoplasty should easily correct your nose

+1

From you picture, it looks as though the cartilages in the tip of you nose need some reshaping and possibly reduction. Your skin looks to be thin which is important for a good result. I agree that the volume of the nasal tip does not fit the rest of your face. I cannot comment on the profile since there is no picture, but I would bet that there is some fullness above the tip on profile view that would be also addressed by corrective rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.