Correcting Inner Thigh Liposcution?

(Body jet method) I have lumpy indentations in the middle of my inner thigh while still having a "bulbous" area at the top. @ 6 month follow-up, Dr. said if he suctioned more fat from the top part, I could possibly get sagging skin. So, in other words, what's done is done. Please advise!!!

Over Liposuctioned Inner Thighs

+1

Without an examination and seeing your "Before" photographs it would not be fair to state with certainty that the surgeon over-liposuctioned your thighs. But - you do certainly have the appearance of over-liposuctioned "Shark bite" thigh.

This can be improved by proportionately suctioning the upper inner thighs but may require other methods such as fat grafting.

I would go see several experienced Plastic surgeons for a second opinion. The best place to start is with www.PlasticSurgery.org, the directory of The American Society of Plastic Surgery. 

From the photos you should be able to improve the results with further liposuction.

+1

Further liposuction should improve the results significantly.  Don't settle for what you have.  See if your doc can refer you to someone who does the tum. tech lipo with the microcanulas.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Correction of inner thigh liposuction problems.

+1

Get a second opinion from an experienced surgeon in your area. One can't give an accurate answer without examining the area.

Inner thigh irregularities

+1

Liposuction of the inner thighs is often a delicate balance to not try to over correct to having loose skin if too aggressive liposuction is performed. As for the lumps perhaps a touch up of those areas can be done.

Correcting inner thigh liposcution

+1

Thanks for posting your photo. I would request a touch up body jet of the upper inner thighs or Smart Lipo. It appears the upper inner thighs were not done to me.

From MIAMI DR. B

Correcting inner thigh irregularities after liposuction

+1

Without performing an examination, it is difficult to assess via a photograph alone. Your options include more liposuction and/or fat grafting. Other modalities such as external ultrasound and/or radiofrequency and/or Endermologie may provide some improvement.

Liposuction of inner thighs

+1
Liposuction of the inner thighs does have somewhat more a risk of sagging and irregular skin than other areas, but I'd doesn't mean it can't be done if your examination indicates that there is more fat to remove.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Inner thigh liposuction is risky

+1

Some areas of the body are more amenable to excellent liposuction results than others because of the different thicknesses of the skin and thus different shrinkability.  

The inner thigh has about the thinnest skin on you and needs therefore an extremely conservative approach taken, if doing it at all.  If you aren't happy, check with another real plastic surgeon and see if a touch up could help but not make things worse.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

We have a saying in surgery.

+1

If you are told something before surgery, it's an explanation.  If you are told the same thing after surgery, it's an excuse.  Without a direct physical examination, it is impossible to be definitive.  However, those look like young legs and I suspect that you skin can easily tolerate more sculpting on the inner thigh.  Unfortunately in liposuction, the method of fat removal has very little to do with the result.  

It takes a certain personality to do a great liposuction.  This liposuction can be revised in the office under local anesthesia using tumescent technique.  If your original surgeon does not think they can help you, you need to find someone who can.  I suggest that you find a cosmetic dermatologist in your area who can assist you with more liposuction for the inner thigh area.