Correcting Breast Reduction Results?

I had Breast reduction 4 months ago. My surgeon says that my breasts are sagging and that as a result my nipples are going to appear too high. He also says that the nipples have grown - so they are larger than they should be. What can I do?

Breast Reduction and Revisionary Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the best unsatisfactory results you have after breast reduction surgery.

I would suggest waiting at least 6 months after the initial surgery before considering revisionary surgery;  you should have peace of mind however  that revisionary surgery is often very successful in improving the breast appearance you describe.

In-person examination with a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon will be necessary to discuss the issues at hand and how best to improve them.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast reduction revision

+1

Patients today have many excellent options in breast reduction surgery. There are many techniques that can reshape the breast, remove excess tissue that may be causing pain or discomfort, and create beautiful result. If you have had a breast reduction four months ago, your breasts are still healing. If you would like to raise the position of the breasts, this may be possible after the healing process has completed. Wait at least 8 to 10 months after your surgery before considering additional breast surgery to change the shape or position of your breasts.

Nipple position and breast reduction

+1

The nipple position is always a critical part of performing a breast reduction. If you are having glandular ptosis (droop), then the tissue falls and the nipples tend to appear pointing upward. A tightening of the parenchyma and the skin envelope may correct your problem.

High nipples after breast reduction.

+1

Hi.

I am afraid I don't have good news for you.  This will not improve with time, in my experience.  After breast reduction, it is easy to raise the nipples some more, but very hard to lower them without additional scarring.  Get a couple of different opinions.

Let things heal, then consider Breast Reduction revision

+1

Helo,

I am sorry to hear of your problems with breast reduction surgery. After an operation of this sort, it takes six months to a year for the tissues to heal and soften to the extent that operating once again can have the best chance of improvement. I would advise allowing the result to mature this way before you consider what you might do about it. What does your surgeon say? He should be following you through this to help you along.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Too early for additional surgery

+1

You are right about the implications of breast reduction surgery. Most plastic surgeons will tell you that their most gratified patients are breast reduction patients. I always try to dicuss what a change it will be though because in some women's cases, that is part of what they are and will be a shock. You need to focus on what your goals were in having this surgery and if those have been helped. There are treatments that may help your scars such as special dressing of silicone sheeting or possibly steroid injection. You may need some revisional surgery in the future but for now it is a bit too early to do that. I wish you well.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html