1 of my breasts is a high C cup while the other is a B cup. Will I need a Breast Lift in addition to an implant?

Correcting breast asymmetry with augmentation and lift -  breast is a high c while the other is an a possibly b cup. I recently had a consultation and the doctor I saw said that I would mostly need a breast lift before I ever get an implant. After seeing the price for a breast lift is twice as much as just an implant I was hesitant. Is it standard procedure in this type of situation to get a lift before an implant?

Breast lift often required for significant breast asymmetry

+1
If there is significant asymmetry with nipple position you will likely need a breast lift on the lower side in addition to implants to achieve the best result.

+1
Without seeing pictures, it is hard to tell what the best approch would be in your case. Best advice - look around for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in breast surgery. Go in for consultations. Look at before and after photos of previous patients. Select a plastic surgeon you are comfortable with who will take great care of you and has the talent to deliver the results you are looking for. Don't make price the deciding factor but take it into overall consideration.
Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

+1
Hi. I'm afraid that without the benefit of photos it's impossible to give you an assessment as to what is best in your case. Breast lifts can be done at the same time as a breast augmentation. Please post picture and I'll be happy to update my answer. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Asymmetry correction

+1
Asymmetries are quite common.  In many cases a breast augmentation alone will address help to correct the asymmetries.  A photo or physical exam is required to make any likely recommendations.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS