Correcting Asymmetry: Can one eye be lifted? (Photo)

I've always had very asymmetrical eyes and eyebrows. I intend to eventually get rhinoplasty to correct the asymmetry in my nose in addition to making it more proportional, but I was wondering if it is possible to just lift one of my eyes.

Correcting Eye Asymmetry

+2
You have both bony and soft tissue asymmetries. You can never completely make your face symmetrical and any attempt to correct the bony asymmetries carries more risk than reasonable for the amount of correction possible. Therefore, the most reasonable thing is to try and disguise it as much as possible and correct the soft tissue asymmetries. A left sided brow lift would probably do this, though you would need a direct examination to be certain that some other procedure is not also needed. See a p;lactic surgeon with expertise in both cosmetic and reconstructive facial rejuvenation.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Asymmetry: Can one eye be lifted?

+1
The brow asymmetry can be corrected with a unilateral temporal brow lift.  However, the right eye itself is naturally higher and cannot be corrected.  A simple way of correcting the brow asymmetry is to treat the right side with Botox.  You'll have to retreat about every four months.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Brow and facial asymmetry

+1
You do indeed have asymmetry of the brows as well as asymmetry of the bone structure of your face.  The appearance of this can be improved with browplasty techniques but you will still have asymmetry of facial proportions.  The goal is to balance your features optimally to create the maximal appearance of symmetry.  Consulting with a facial plastic surgeon to discuss your best options is my recommended first step.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Assymetry

+1
Addressing the assymetries of the face can be challenging.  The human face is by default an assymetric structure and the art of what we do is balancing the face.  You have assymetric brows, but if you notice the position of your eyes is assymetric as well.  This is genetic and not much you can do about it.  I agree with some of my collegues that you can lift one brow, but oftentimes this makes the eye assymetry jump out more.  If you want, post a few more pictures of yourself with the eyes looking up, closed, and straight on.
I hope this helps and I look forward to seeing the uploaded photographs.

Roberto E. Garcia, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow asymmetry?

+1
Brow asymmetry can be improved with a variety of procedures. It is possible to lift the left brow and significantly improve the difference in position, but it will never be identical to the opposite side. The brow surgery could be performed at the same time as the rhinoplasty.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you exactly what to do without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

I do agree that you have facial asymmetry.

+1
The left half of the face is smaller than the right.  However, you are also elevating the right brow.  An in-person consultation is needed to determine why you hold the right eyebrow higher.  It might be that you have a small amount of latent ptosis on the right side.  If that is the case, correcting the eyelid may allow the right eyebrow to relax.  Without that detailed examination to assess why you are so asymmetric, it is not appropriate to recommend a particular surgical repair.

Eyebrow asymmetry can be repaired by a mini brow lift on one side.

+1
Eyebrow asymmetry can be repaired by a mini brow lift on one side. The incision will not be seen and the downtime is only one week. The nose can be done at the same time.

Lower brow from facial asymmetry

+1
You have bony facial asymmetry with left side of your face smaller, which results in the eyebrow being lower.  It is going to be impossible to achieve perfect symmetry but left brow lift may offer improvement.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon