What Can Be Done to Correct Webbing at the Inner Corner of my Eyes After Blepharoplasty?

After upper bletharoplasty the inner corners of my eyes have webs. How can it be corrected? My surgeon is an occuloplastic surgeon.

Webbing after upper blepharoplasty

+1

Webbing of the inner corner of the upper eyelid may occur after blepharoplasty, and should be amenable to correction if it does not resolve on its own. Your oculoplastic surgeon should be able to advise you on treatment options and timing of any intervention.

Blepharoplasty and Webbed Scar

+1

Webbing can be improved after blepharoplasty.  Webbing can be corrected by rearranging the tissue in that area using such methods as a z-plasty, double opposing z-plasty, M-plasty, etc.  Visit with your oculoplastic surgeon or a plastic surgeon for options that fit your situation.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Medial Skin Webbing After Upper Blepharoplasty

+1

Hi Virginia,

In most cases, the webbing settles with time.  Others may respond to fractionated CO2 laser treatment.  Lastly, surgical correction may be needed.  Your oculoplastic surgeon should be able to correct your concerns. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Z-plasty helpful for epicanthal webbing

+1

Z-plasty is usually very effective for this problem. The technique can be very straightforward or resemble what is required for repair of an epicanthal fold. If you are seeing an oculoplastic surgeon that you are happy with, they should be qualified to improve your area of concern.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon