Is It Possible to Correct Tubular Breasts Without Using Implants? (photo)

I have tubular, asymmetrical breasts and would like to have them corrected. I have read that the lower fold needs to be lowered and the restricted tissues around the breast cut/released. I absolutely do not want to have implants; is it possible to correct the shape of my breasts via lowering of the crease and releasing restricted breast tissue without using an implant? Also, is fat grafting a viable option for filling the space that will be created when the tissue is released? Thank you!

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift for Tuberous Breasts

+1

There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift which is specifically designed to correct problems, such as yours.  With this technique your breast tissue and areolas will be moved medially, decreasing the space between the two breasts and increases upper pole fullness.  All this can be done through a circumareola incision without implants.  You are a perfect candidate for this new technique.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts #breastimplants

+1

True tubular breasts exhibit 3 main qualities. 1. Herniation of breast tissue into the nipple areolar complex, 2. High riding inframammary folds, and 3. Constricted lower poles. In your photos I only see slight tightening of the lower poles. I do not see the other qualities we often look for. You have a wide cleavage which is difficult to change. Your left breast is larger and the breasts themselves sit out to the sides on your chest wall. All things that are part of you and how you are built. You can certainly have a lift only to reposition the nipples. Your goals are important and you need to outline them with a board certified plastic surgeon. Fat grafting is possible but all the things you are asking are all possibilities but hard for any of us to tell you that you need them or that they can help you because we have not met you and discussed what it is you actually are trying to achieve. Yes, you can have an improvement with just a lift and some fat transfer. Make sure you have someone who has done lots of fat transfer and really knows what they are doing because fat transfer alone for breast augmentation is something newer and not everyone does it. Best of luck!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Tuberous breast correction

+1

Hi!

Thank you for your question,

It seems like you do have a mild tubular deformity that I believe
could be fixed with a breast lift. However, putting in small implants
would help you achieve a more fuller and aesthetically pleasing look.
I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

Dr. Sam Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Tubular breasts

+1

From your photos I would say you have a very mild tubular deformity. Your biggest issue is just sagging (ptosis).  A breast lift alone will do a lot to improve your breasts.  Augmentation with implants along with the lift I believe would give your best result.  I personally think fat grafting will not work to well for you since it is more difficult when a lift is done and is somewhat unpredictable in the best of circumstances.

Sincerely,

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Is It Possible to Correct Tubular Breasts Without Using Implants?

+1

Thanks for the questions and posting the series of photos. In my opinion you have very mild tuberous deformity. I would recommend liposuction with fat grafting to fill the volume out. Whether using the BRAVA system is of benefit very hard to say but try the grafting first. If than needing lifting and further grafting as a second operation you at that time will consider this. Follow up response would be nice. 

Pre-expansion with the BRAVA followed by fat transfer could give you a noticable improvement.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

I do not think that your breasts are tuberous in the traditional sense of the definition.

Pre-expansion with the BRAVA followed by fat transfer could give you a noticable improvement. The fat transfer would have to be preferentially around the base of your breasts to fill them out and widen your breast bases.

Fat transfer is starting to gain acceptence but not all board-certified plastic surgeons perform the procedure. I have had good results.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

It's possible...but....

+1

Based on your photos I think an implant will give you the best result. Fat grafting can only accomplish so much...

best wishes,

Dr. Michael in Miami

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Breast lift and breast implants

+1

Your posted photos show widely spaced breasts, almost tube shaped breasts, a larger left than right breast and a constricted lower breasts especially on the right. Even if you move the breast mounds and nipples towards the midline, lengthen the lower half of the right breast and round out the shape of the breasts the left will still be larger than the right. Therefore you will also still need fat grafting and/or implants to get a symmetrical result.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Ways to improve breast shape without implants

+1

Implants add volume to a woman's breast but also provide shape and fullness. The decision whether to use and implant or not depends on the woman's goals and her starting point. More recently, fat grafting to the breast has become a feasable alternative to implants for augmentation, especially when smaller augmentaion volumes are desired or challenging shape problems exist. The other key element to consider is nipple position. If the nipple is low, then a mastopexy (breast lift) will help improve the shape.

In your case, your breasts a widely spaced and breast implants alone will not correct that. Based on the photos that you provided, I do not feel that you have a tuberous breast deformity and doubt that the strategies for correcting that particular breast shape (ie. radial release and fold manipulation) will get you to your goals. You may want to consider fat grafting (with or without a breast lift) to add some volume in deficient areas. A mastopexy may also provide another way to improve your breast shape, if you are willing to accept the scars.

Lawrence Iteld, MD

You can have lift and fat grafting to improve the shape and size of your breast

+1

Your pictures show that you have wide space in the middle and mild tubular breast. the function of the lift will be the move the nipple-areola complex up and medial. The reason for the fat grafting to enlarge the size and also fill the upper pole.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon