How Do You Correct "Squished" Looking Implants?

My implants look squished. I'm a small girl and I want to downsize (just want to look fuller not as if I'm lactating). My left boob is looking like a vertical oblong. It's been like that since day 1 and now I'm 4 months out (no bottoming out or anything like that, just really squished). Should I go 1cm smaller in diameter? I'm thinking a 0.5 difference will not be noticeable. Aside from the increase in gap, what happens when you go too small? And can you actually (go too small)?

This is a 10.0/4.2 implant, I'm wanting a 9.1/3.3 for my redo... help?

Final results post breast surgery

+2

Based on your photo and the information you provided, I suggest waiting atleast 6 to 8 months to decide on revisionary breast surgery. Recovery takes time before you see the final results. Mos tof the swelling should subside, however, it is necessary that you massage the breasts as often as possibl to help soften them up and prevent encapsulation (scar tissue). If you are still concerned about the overall look of your augmentation, I would recommend consulting a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best and safest possible options for you. Providing photos of the look you would like to achieve may be helpful when explaining to the surgeon what you want to change about your breasts. Good luck and I hope this information was helpful.

Don't underestimate the power of postoperative exercises for early implant dissatisfaction.

+1

You need several more months and even more pectoralis muscle stretching exercises.  Your implants may look squished to you because they are being flattened by your muscles.  Once your muscles are stretched and relaxed you may find that you do not need more surgery.  A few millimeters here or there will not really look different, and if you go that much smaller you may then be upset that they are too small.  

Myles Goldflies, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Post surgery answered by Dr. Costanzo, Thousand Oaks, CA.

+1

Time corrects a lot of things that look uneven at first.  Waiting 6 months is always advisable.  Placing a 1cm less diameter will probably have little effect on the look of your breasts.  Unless the implant diameter is larger than your natural breast diameter, there will be very little change when downsizing a little bit.  

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

What to do for implants that look squished.

+1

I would strongly advise waiting several more months to allow time for your skin envelope to relax. This would be another 5 months in my opinion. Once the skin relaxed, it is likely they will look less "squished" and more bouncy. Although you are considering smaller diameter less projecting implants, you may want to choose a higher profile implant which will look less flat and therefore less squished.

Early post-op breast augmentation

+1

Believe it or not you still look like your pockets need to relax a bit. You should give it more time possibly 3-6 more months before considering a change.