Is It Possible to "Over Correct"? If So, is There Anything That Can Be Done?

I'm on my 4th round of treatments ... Mostly to my temples, but I cansee my Cheeks starting to really fill out. Thank you

Slow and steady wins the race

+1

Sculptra can acheieve beautiful, natural volume if performed correctly.  However, overcorrection and lumps can occur, and the factors that affect that are: dilution of product, time between injections, volume of product injected, and how deep the product is injected.  It's important to have the treatment done by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with cosmetic experience for the best possible results.

Miami Beach Dermatologist

Sculptra Overcorrection

+1

It is possible to overcorrect with Sculptra.  That's why it is so important to wait about 6 weeks in between treatments.  There is no reversal of sculptra except for time.  With time the volume gained will decrease.  The only reversible fillers are hyaluronic acids like Juvederm or Restylane. These can be injected with hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler.  Fillers can also be occasionally manually extracted through pressure and a needle prick e.g. Radiesse but that is not the case with Sculptra. 

James C. Marotta, MD
Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra...over treating...

+1

Yes you can definitely "over treat" an area with Sculptra and unfortunately, there is no good reversal technique expect for time.  Becareful.  Be sure you are going to an experienced injector and that he or she is working for your expectations and going for a "natural" look. 

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD

Over correction from Sculptra

+1

Yes, it certainly is possible to "over correct" with Sculptra injections. I will typically limit treatment to three rounds and then wait at least six months to assess the results before recommending further treatments. That is because the increase in volume is correspondingly gradual, starting 3 months after the injection and achieving a maximum at approximately 5 to 6 months post injection. Occasional patients with severe volume loss may be given extra treatments initially but it is always safer to go slowly.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon