How to correct a receded hairline without surgery?

Hello, I'm 26 and I've had a receded hairline (high temples) from birth. Therefore regain products don't work as the hair was never there to start with. My forehead appears huge and the hairline far back. I have looked into surgery options and had consultations but surgery is just completely unaffordable for me. Is there anything else I can do? I'm desperate and the hairline is taking a huge toll on my life. It is causing huge self esteem issues and psychological problems

Re: Correcting A Receded Hairline

+1

Lowering the contour of your hairline would require surgical intervention. Follicular Unit Extraction is an example of a technique where tiny punches would be used to harvest hair grafts from the head and nape. Nape hair is thinner. With specialized tools, leg hair may also be used. Both are soft and thin. They make ideal choices for the edge of the hairline, helping it to look as natural as possible.

If money is a concern, you may want to consider waiting for a more ideal time to have a surgery done. There are also financing options as well.

In the meantime, if your hairline is causing you distress, you may want to consider various hair styling options to make the most of what you have.

Focus on developing your confidence. There are many celebrities who don’t have perfect hair, yet have managed to cultivate a strong sense of self. So keep this in mind as well.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Congenital high forehead

+1

There are two surigical options - one is to undergo a surgical procedure where the current hairline is brought forward. The other surgical option is a hair transplant.

If these surgical options are unaffordable, the other non-surgical option would be to have a hairpiece or hair system designed. These can also look very natural when properly created by an expert.

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Toronto Dermatologist