Best way to correct pleated skin in eyelid--approx. 1/4" from corner of eye?

I don't plan to have my original surgeon do this. While he said he could do this with a stitch or two, I'm just not comfortable. He didn't even notice it until I asked about it. I don't think he does many blepharoplasties and said they are so simple that I could do one! Yikes! How soon can I have this addressed? My blep. was Sept. 26. Thankful for your advice.

Upper eyelid skin pinch

+1

A month post op is too early to make any revision procedures, so give it closer to three months. If you still have a little residual skin at that point, it can be simply excised in the clinic in a short easy procedure.

I do have to add that the upper lid skin will sometimes form ridges from the incision, which continues to soften over months. So if what you see is actually an incision, wait even longer without intervention.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Blepharoplasty Incision Touch-Up

+1

Most likely you have a little pleating of the skin which often occurs at the inside end of an upper blepharoplasty incision. It requires just a little more skin to be removed under a local anesthetic done in the office. Since it is nearly two months after surgery you could proceed with that at anytime as more healing will not make it change.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

The best way to correct this may be to wait a little more as you are only 4 weeks from surgery. Without a picture, it is hard to offer suggestions but in most cases, time will help you.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Revision blepharoplasty timing

+1

I would wait three months before attempting a revision. Your eyelids are swollen during that time period and waiting may negate the need for a revision.

Good luck!

David Shifrin, MD