Should I Correct my Uneven Eyes? (photo)

I have noticed that my eyes seem uneven, sometimes when I smile one is more open than the other, other times one of the eyes seems like it's placed higher up than the other. Can this be fixed, and is it even important? Some people tell me it's charming, I don't know if it's a thing people notice alot but I just dont know what to think about it. Hope you can answer my questions.

Uneven lids

+1

From the one picture you have provided it appears you have a ptosis of your left upper eyelid.  This requires a full exam for proper diagnosis.  There are surgical procedures to lift the lid to match the other side.  This should be done only after ruling out other causes of drooping of the lid.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Orbit [eye socket] asymmetry

+1

Looking at your photo, it seems to me that your eye, eyelid, and eyebrow asymmetry is probably due to the underlying bony asymmetry of the eye socket. This can be easily confirmed with a maxillofacial CT scan with 3D reconstruction.

Changing the eye socket position is a major undertaking and its something that you should discuss with an Oculoplastics and/or Craniofacial surgeon.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

Craniofacial surgeons are usually based out of Children's Hospitals or a major trauma centers.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

The question of whether you should correct the uneven eyes is really dependent on you.  It appears that you have ptosis (true droopy eyelid not just skin) of the left upper eyelid which is fixable.  You need a complete Oculoplastic examination to determine the type of ptosis and the best way to correct it.  The brows are uneven as well so a combimation of procedures will probably be what you need.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneven eyes.

+1

You can improve this with a mini Irregular Trichophytic Foehead Lift.  It will not totally. Orrery this but will improve it. It is not painfull. 

Uneven eyes

+1

You look young an beautiful.

Look at cover magazines with beautiful models and draw a vertical line down the middle of the face.  Nobody is perfectly symmetrical.  That in fact enhances beauty.

Your left eye and brow structures are lower than the right.  The left side of your face may be vertically shorter as well.  Without an exam, I can't tell for sure, but I suspect that things could be done to mask the asymmetry, but not correct it completely.

You do not "need" surgery, but it can be considered if things really bother you.  You may also consider concealing with makeup.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Uneven eyes

+1

My first question to you would be have your eyes always been uneven since being a baby? And my second would be, have you ever had any injuries to your left eye (for instance getting hit in the face with a ball? ) You are a beautiful young woman with beautiful eyes, but it would be important to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist to make sure this mild unevenness is purely from your natural structure and not from any other cause. 

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon