What Do I Need to Do to Correct my Breast? I'm Scared of Scarring from a Lift. (photo)

One doctor suggested lift and augmentation since I'm looking to have a DD. But I'm scared of scarring and want other opinions before I decide. Still looking for doctors and other opinions! What about a circumareola lift? Thank you!

Minimal scarring with a breast lift

+1

Thank you for including your photos.  To achieve the best result, it appears that you would benefit from a lift (mastopexy) in addition to augmentation.  Circumareolar mastopexy is only indicated in patients with a very mild degree of ptosis.  Having an "anchor" or "lollipop" mastopexy will leave you with scars.  However, the plastic surgeon's technique and post-operative treatment should leave you with minimal scarring that should barely be noticeable after a year's time assuming that you do not smoke and avoid exposing the scars to UV rays such as a sunning bed.

+1

A very large implant with donut lift "might" help. But really you need a full lifting with the scars. 

Scarring from Breast Lift and Augmentation

+1

Although you need a direct examination to determine exactly what you need, from your pictures, your nipples are pointing significantly downward and the areolae are rolling under the inferior surface of the breasts. This indicates that you need a full breast lift and a  circumareolar lift will not work. Although the scars are much longer, I have never had anyone complain about them as the marked improvement in the breast shape more than offsets the increased scars.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Scarring must be accepted for rejuvenated breasts

+1

and if you are fearful of scars, then you really shouldn't be considering this.  You must be willing to accept whatever scarring results from this and not look back.  As for the best lift, circumareolar techniques are really only for minimal lifting.  They have failed miserably in most others hands when trying to do more and if your surgeon promises you a great result with that lift technique, I suggest you get it in writing and know what the revision policy is.  Regardless, to be bigger, you need an implant.

Curtis Wong, MD

Is a breast lift needed with an augmentation?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  Although the photos are limited, you do have marked ptosis, or sagging of the breasts.  You would be best suited with a lift in addition to the augmentation.  The type of lift depends on the degree of ptosis.  The circumareolar lift is a good procedure, but in select patients.  If you have more than 1-2 cm of ptosis (which can be assessed by your plastic surgeon), often a lollipop lift will be needed.  This is a more powerful lift, but with the trade off of a slightly larger scar.  Best to heed the advice of your surgeon.  

Good luck!

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast correction

+1

If you want more voluem then an implant is something you will need. As for the type of ligt, it is best to figure this out in person depending upon measurements and overall exam.

Need a vertical mastopexy

+1

There is no question that you need a breast lift and breast augmentation.   Most likely you will benefit from a vertical mastopexy.  The circumareolar lift will be of absolutely no benefit to you and is the wrong operation.  

Breast lift and augmentation.

+1

By your photos and desire to be a DD cup, I think you would require implants and a lift. At minimum a lollipop and possibly an anchor lift.

Breast scars can be lessened by minimizing the tension on the closure. I have also found close attention to healing scars with different modalities (taping and Scar Recovery Gel) have made a significant difference in the scars.

I would suggest very large implants alone as I have taken care of many women who have had this done to camouflage the ptosis and it creates significant problems within several years and eventually leads to replacing the too large of implants and doing a lift anyway. Don't do it! You will regret implants that are too large. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with or without implants

+1

It appears that a concentric or Benelli mastopexy plus or minus an implant would not give you the degree of correction that would give your breast the optimal shape; that would most likely require a limited anchor type incision.

There are many issues:  desired size, tolerance for incisions, scar healing proclivities, etc. that all factor into which procedure you ultimately choose.

You should of course schedule an examination with  an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, possibly an ASAPS member, for a consultation.

Brent Moelleken, MD

To lift or not to lift

+1

Thanks for your pictures . When i have patients with your same concern and breast looks, these are the options that i let them consider :  big and dropped  , or big , lift with some scar around nipple with vertical line ( lollypop ) .  In my experience , using a big implant might look ok at the beginning but in the end you will come back for the lift . Sometimes  we wish to change our pre op condition , but the only thing that we can improve is making the right choice in order to have the right post op result. 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD