Can anyone correct my belly button? (photo)

I had nacrosis after my tummy tuck. Had two surgeries, laser treatment , steroid injections to correct my belly button. My belly button is destroyed. Can anyone help me look normal again?

Bellybutton Reconstruction

Realistically the scar tissue which comprises your belly button is not useable and must be cut out and discarded. It needs to be replaced with a skin graft, which after healing and .shrinking down, will have a much better bellybutton look

Can anyone correct my belly button?

If this is truly total umbilical loss, a new belly button can be fashioned from the surrounding skin.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Correct Belly Button?

It is difficult to see from the photos the revision that is needed. Seek a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, so that revision surgery can be discussed.

Difficult to tell

Unfortunately, the picture doesn't quite tell the whole picture. Also feeling the scar also helps. Thus I agree that a second opinion could be quite helpful to you.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question. The photo is bit too close up to get the whole picture--then entire abdomen should be in view. I think getting a second opinion consultation would be in your interest. Although I am quite confident this can be improved, just how will depend on findings on exam.

All the best.