Can I Correct Moderate Tubular Breasts with Fat Grafting

I'm deeply uncomfortable with my breasts. I'd like to increase their size by about a cup size to a full B or a small C, but my main complaint is the shape of my breasts instead of being teardrop shaped or round they are cone shaped & I think? tubular. I will absolutely not consider implants but am hopeful for improvement with fatgrafting, is this possible? Would OHIP/private insurance cover any of the cost? What sort of cost am I looking at? How is does using BRAVA for fatgrafting make a difference

Fat grafting is ideal to improve the shape of breasts

+2

The beauty of fat grafting to the breasts s that the fat can be placed exactly where needed. For the best results, preexpansion with the BRAVA® device is preferred. The BRAVA essentially stretches the tissues so that more fat can be accommodated with more predictable take of the graft. Up to 90% take has been shown with this process.

The procedure also requires release of the tissues during the grafting procedure which is done with a technique called Rigotomies. The procedure is still cosmetic, so it is unlikely your insurance will cover the procedure. I presently participate in a multiinstitutional IRB study using BRAVA and fat grafting for breast augmentation or reconstruction

Tuberous?

+2

based on the one view you show, the areolae are not herniating, the IMF is not overly high and your base width appears adequate. if you are dead set against implants then I would consider grafting. the augmentation will be modest but the improvement in shape, may be worth it. the BRAVA is intriguing and I suspect it may have a more prominent role in micromastia but not so much in your case.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast correction with fat grafting

+2

You can add volume to the breasts with fat grafting, but this will not correct the underlying problem of tuberous breasts, which is the constriction at the base of the breasts.  As a result, you may end up with a result in which you have more volume, but the shape remains the same.  I have not seen any studies on the use of the BRAVA device for tubeorus breasts, but I suspect that this will create the same issue: more volume without a change in shape.  Although you are not interested in implants, this does give the surgeon the most flexibility with correction, as it allows us to release the tissues while adding volume predictably.  The implant also serves as a base which supports the released tissues.  I suggest checking with your insurance carrier regarding coverage; in the US, almost no insurers will cover correction of the tuberous breast.  Best wishes, /nsn.

Fa

+1
Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Fat grafting is a valuable tool in breast surgery. This technique has gained more popularity over the past 7 years. There are many techniques used to harvest the fat, process the fat and then re-inject the fat. Conventional suction lipectomy is performed with a small diameter cannula, processed by separating the liquid and fibrous tissue from the fat, and then placed into syringes for re-injection or through a closed system.

Tuberous Breast Surgery

+1

As others have stated, fat grafting will add volume, but you really need surgery to correct any anatomical defect and change the shape of the breast.  Otherwise, you may just end up with a larger version of what you have already.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Fat Grafting and Tubular Breasts

+1

Having looked at your photo but without the opportunity to examine you, and without the benefit of a lateral view, I can safely say that fat grafting in the subcutaneous layer would fill out the depression in the upper part. If you wished to move the nipple-areola complex higher and/or closer to the chest wall, surgery would be required.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.