Options to Correct 'Jowl' Appearance? (photo)

Hi, I'm 32, I have this 'jowly' appearance as seen in this photo. Would some kind of mini facelift or other procedure help? What about liposuction? Thanks

Liposuction of the jawline and under the chin makes a big difference in many patients.

+3

Trimming up the jawline with liposuction alone would make a noticeable difference and is done under local anesthesia with only 1 day downtime for a special price of only $2500.  A mini lift might be overkill.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Options for jowels

+1

You are pretty young to need surgery and I also see a little flatness of your cheek area on your photo. Maybe a filler such as Sculptra into the cheeks to inflate them, giving you a rounder cheek can be used and at the same time it can lift the jowl area a bit

Julio Garcia, MD

Is Mini a Help ?

+1

I differ from the previous surgeons in that I feel certain people do have skin laxity. Even at 32 genetics do have a play in skin laxity, We get a slight glimpse of your cheek bone structure and you seem very thin faced. I feel a nice MINI with some beautifully done fat transfer would help you greatly. Scars are placed in inconspicuous locations and recover is fairly short. Good Luck

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

A mini facelift is unlikely to help a 32 year old

+1

A "mini facelift" is usually done for minimal loose skin in the upper neck and lower face/jawline area and is usually of limited value for contour irregularities. Fat removal and/or filler injections may be more apprpriate and are less expensive than a face lift. Consultations with 2 or 3 experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who lister to your concerns will help you make the right decisions

C. Dennis Bucko, MD

Options to correct 'jowl' appearance

+1

In your case fillers such as Sculptra could help make 'jowls' less prominent. A face lift can do the same, but in addition improve overall jawline definition and minimize your nasal labial folds which also seem prominent. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Facial contour issues

+1

If you are noticing depressions onthe side of yoru  mouth and chin, perhaps at age 32, you  may be better off with facial fillers to soften them.  Hard to say without an exam.