How to Correct Implant Ptosis 3 Months Post Op?

I have Perthese silicone mod profile 350cc micro-textured implants placed under the muscle, the surgery performed last October. My implants sit about 1cm below the incision in both breasts, and my surgeon confirmed I have pseudoptosis of the implants. I assume the implants are too heavy, but I want to keep these implants. I also have visible rippling all down the left breast in the cleavage. What surgical techniques are there to correct these issues? I am hesitant about using alloderm/strattice.

Correction of Sagging,Ripply Augmented Breasts

+2

Regarding: "How to Correct Implant Ptosis 3 Months Post Op?
I have Perthese silicone mod profile 350cc micro-textured implants placed under the muscle, the surgery performed last October. My implants sit about 1cm below the incision in both breasts, and my surgeon confirmed I have pseudoptosis of the implants. I assume the implants are too heavy, but I want to keep these implants. I also have visible rippling all down the left breast in the cleavage. What surgical techniques are there to correct these issues? I am hesitant about using alloderm/strattice
."

To summarize you had implants placed which were too large compared to your then available breast tissue coverage. As a direct result, in the 2 months since the surgery you already have significant sagging and visibility of the implant ripples BUT you do not want these implants exchanged for smaller (lighter) ones nor do you want to help support them with an ADM such as Alloderm/Strattice.

Your surgeon MAY be able to cover the rippling with a risky fat grating procedure which could thicken the breast skin over the implants but risk puncturing the implants.

Short of supporting the weight of these implants and covering their ripples with an ADM (Strattice), there are no other options available to you. Without such support the sagging will continue and worsen requiring repetitive, not fully successful Breast Lift procedures. You need to reconsider EITHER changing to smaller implants OR adding Strattice support to the breasts.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Proposed plan for treating bottom out impants and visible cleavage rippling

+1

Wtihout alloderm or strattice your options may require multiple stages. You may wnat to attempt an inferior capsulorrhaphy with 24x7 wearing of an underwire bra for 6 weeks followied by staged fat grafting of the medial portions to disguise the rippling in the cleavage areas

Biologic Agents in Revision Breast Surgery

+1

Pictures help me to visualize what you are describing.   If you have rippling then you may need a biologic agent (Strattice or Alloderm) as an extra layer to mask rippling.  Strattice may help the stretching of your lower pole but be prepared to downsize your implants.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Capsulorraphy vs Alloderm for Implant Ptosis

+1

Ptosis of breast implants can be difficult to correct.  It does not sound as if your implant is too large.  Alloderm or Strattice is probably surest way to correct, but they are quite expensive materials to pay for out-of-pocket.  Excision/closure of the inferior portion of your periprostetic capsule may work.  I think the texturing of your implant may be responsible for the rippling.  I almost always use smooth implants for this reason.

John Whitt, MD

Implant ptosis and rippling

+1

Rippling develops because there is not enough soft tissue coverage. Alloderm may solve two problems for you.  One to correct the rippling and two to improve the implant ptosis.