How to Correct Fraxel Texture Damage?

After two full face Fraxel Restores @ (45MJ/8Passes) I have developed a rough orange peel texture to my pre-procedure baby smooth skin. It appears from the board that this is a common problem. I am now 15 months post and the damage is not getting better, but has also not gotten any worse. What can I do to correct this?

Fraxel restore can improve the texture of the skin

+2

When patient have preexisting rough texture of the skin, acne scars, lines at rest, photodamage, they may be candidates for Fraxel Restore rejuvenation.  However, if one has "baby smooth skin" then Fraxel restore may not be indicated. Fraxel Restore does not tighten the skin much, and the horizontal forehead lines are mimetic lines, or lines related to muscle activity, not photodamage.  You did not say what you were trying to accomplish with having Fraxel, but it is quite possible an alternative would have been better for your unique condition.

Post Fraxel Texture Problems....

+2

I would highly recommend you follow up with the office where you were treated.  I can confidently say that getting regular medical facials and being put on a good skin care regimen could only be beneficial to improving your texture.  Retin-A is an excellent anti-aging cream that improve texture, pores, and overall thickens the epidermis of your skin.  Adding Retin-A to a night regimen under supervision of a qualified health care provider will lead you to getting your natural glow back. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens  

Grant Stevens, MD

Orange peel texture after Fraxel

+2

It is hard to evaluate the results of your treatment without seeing the before photos.  But you certainly should be on a prescription strength daily skin health regimen which includes hydroquinone and Retin-A (i.e. Obagi Nu-Derm or Tri-luma).  This may be all that is necessary to bring your skin back to the way it was before the Fraxel treatment.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon