Brow Lift or Botox for One-sided Brow Droop at 26?

I am 26 and one of my eyelid sits lower and has less arch than the other. This causes my eyelid on that side to droop also. I have gotten used to always raising my eyebrow on that side but I think it is causing forehead wrinkles. I would like to know if getting a brow lift just on that side, or if getting Botox to lift my eyebrow would be my better option. I don't think my brow needs to be lifted very much so I'm wondering if a brow lift is worth it, or if it is better to wait until I'm older?

Browlift or bot for droop

+1

One eyebrow is always a bit higher/lower than the other. You can possibly treast this with Botox or a browlift.

Brow lift or Botox for brow droop

+1

If the asymmetric level of the eyebrows really is more bothersome for you, then consideration can be given to a browlift with the lower brow being raised more than the opposite side. This potentially can be done endoscopically or through a coronal approach. If the upper eyelid skin is bothering you and not the eyebrows, then consideration for upper blepharoplasty could be performed. Botox would be the more conservative approach to either that brow or to lower the high side.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

One-sided brow droop at 26

+1

Without seeing a photo of you, it's hard to say for sure what would be best for you, but some elevation of the brow is usually possible with Botox so I might suggest this as a first trial procedure. Other treatments, most likely including surgery, should be considered by you and your surgeon together—particularly in view of your age. Your brow ptosis may increase with aging as could the sag of your eyelid so if nothing else a high quality photograph at this time does document for the future what changes occur. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can take a look at you and work with you to create the best results for you specific anatomy.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid and Eyebrow "Droop"

+1

If both the eyelid and the eyebrow are ptotic (sagging") you have 2 different problems. If the sagging brow needs minimal elevation as you suggest, Botox  may be effective. Although Botox treatment must be repeated every 3-5 months, it is easier than browlift surgery, which will achieve improvement for many years. If eyelid sagging is present, this is corrected by surgery on a muscle of the upper eyelid.  See  a specialist in plastic, facial plastic, or oculoplastic surgery for proper diagnosis.

Blepharoptosis (saggy upper eyelid) as a treatable cause of forehead or brow wrinkles

+1

From your description it sounds as if a brow lift is your best long term solution. However, you could have a medical condition called blepharoptosis which is causing your problem and can be treated. In this condition the muscles or support system to the upper eyelid is weak causing it to drop into your field of vision. Your forehead compensates by lifting the eyelid out of your vision. However, you will develop forehead lines.

Droopy eyelid

+1

It sounds like you have droopy eyelid, which is causing the brow lift as compensation. In that case, the better option is to raise the droopy eyelid (ptosis surgery).  In person consultation can determine what the exact problem is and what treatment options are available.

Dr T. 

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox versus brow lift for droopy brow

+1

If your asymmetry and droop on one side is pretty mild, I would suggest first trying botox to even out your brow height. Botox can usually give a couple millimeters of lift. If you need much more lift than that, there are some surgical options which may be appropriate. If you are in the LA area, we would be happy to see you in person and let you know what will work best for you.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.