How to Correct Dent in Buttock?

My name is Gerrie and all my life I have had an indent in my right buttock about the size of a 50 cent piece or a little bigger. I have always been embarrassed to wear certain clothes because of it!

Tell me what can I do about it? Will I need surgery, or can something be done with injections?

Buttock dent

+2

Hi Gerrie-

It's hard to tell exactly what you're talking about, but sounds like you have some sort of fatty deficit in that area. Without examining you, it sounds like you would require a fat transfer. This entails taking some fat from another part of your body and transfering it with a small incision to the area of concern. This can usually be done in an office setting with local anesthesia. Using facial fillers off the shelf like Restylane or Juvederm is just not practical as you would require way too much. Find a board-certified plastic surgeon and get a consultation! Good lucK!

Dr. Singer

Dent in buttock

+1

A dent in the buttock is difficult to comment on without performing a physical exam. I assume you have always had this, and it is not from any trauma.  If it is just a dimple, sometimes fat injection can help this .