Is It Correct to Put Botox Just Behind the Tail of the Eyebrows to Try to Raise Them?

Botox to raise eyebrows

+1

The placement of Botox is dependent on the patient and her muscle movement.  It is possible to raise the tail of the eyebrow with Botox in some patients.  Please have treatment with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in injecting Botox and can assess your facial movements.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox can be used to open the eye

+1

Depending on your anatomy, botox can be used just lateral to the eyebrows and under the center of the eyebrow to lift the eyelids and open the eyes. For the best results, work with a physician who is experienced using botox and has a good working knowledge of the muscles of the face.

Samantha Toerge, MD
Fairfax Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox can be used to raise the outer forehead by injecting near the tail of the eyebrow

+1

Absolutely, injecting near the tail of the eyebrow helps relax the downward muscle curve of the orbicularis oculi muscle which is round in nature. This then helps elevate the outer part of the forehead. This is an off-label use of Botox and should be done by a physician who is experienced in this treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Eyebrow shaping with Botox

+1

Dear Sarula, Botox has been in use for eyebrow shaping for several years. The number of units injected, & where along the brow [or in the glabella], is best determined by your treating dermatologist, or plastic surgeon, once the two of you agree on the desired shape/position. Raising the outer part [tail] of the brow can be accomplished by injecting 2-3 units in the "tail area".

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Brow Lift

+1

The Botox brow lift works by relaxing the obicularis oculi muscle below the later eyebrow.  The frontalis muscle will then elevate the lateral brow.  The key is to use small amounts to adjust the eyebrow height to the desired level.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift.- yes

+1

Botox is a bit of an art form and its placement is not one size fits all.  Its placement can affect the shape and position of the brows.

I often perform what I call a chemical brow lift. Botox between the brows will drop the midbrow, Botox just under the tail of the eyebrow will elevate it.

Share your goals with your PS so that you come up with a plan that best creates the look you are hoping to achieve.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Botox along tail of eyebrow

+1

I often use a small amount of Botox along the tail of the lateral eyebrow and along the crow's feet to elevate the lateraal brow.  Remember, that if too much is placed into the forehead than it will not lift.

Botox works well to raise the tail of the brow

+1

This is great way to get a "chemical brow lift".  I like to use two injections of 2.5U each per side placed at the desired brow high point.  The injection has to be low enough that it is into the orbucularis and not the frontalis.  This technique can also be used to correct asymmetry and change the shape of the brow.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

It can work

+1

it can work if done correctly, sometimes the result is significant, other times more subtle. It is important to avoid orbital placement to avoid eyelid ptosis or double vision.

Samson Lee, MD

Botox and eyebrows

+1

I think it is nice technique to put a few ( 1-3 units) of Botox at the tail of the eyebrow to give them a nice arch and open the eye a bit.  Not everyone's eyebrows are symmetrical to begin with , so sometimes I use slightly different amount to even the eyebrows.  The arched brow is a more feminine look, where men have a more horizontal brow, so I do not usually inject this area in men.    Lana Long, M.D.

Lana Long, MD
Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon