How to Correct a Bad Dimpleplasty? (photo)

Hello More than six months ago I had a dimpleplasty that never healed properly. After a revision, I am still left with indentations on both cheeks. Giving me a ugly gaunt look. As well as scars on my skin. I am looking for a doctor that could help me correct this horrible problem.

Facial Surgery

+1

What is dimpleplasty. I bet you will not find this topic in any cosmetic surgery course or textbook. We are creating surgery just for the sake of doing surgery for the sake of financial gain by the so called cosmetic surgeons. Our mission is "Do No Harm".  Your created dimple was done by taking fat and creating a scar under the skin, one has no control over how it will heal. To correct this may take lysis of the scat and fat grafting. Will probably need multiple sessions

Options for facial scar revisions

+1

I'm sorry to hear you don't have a satisfactory result.  As alluded by one of my colleagues, a "dimpleplasty" isn't a well defined procedure, so it's not clear what exactly you had done.  Based on your photograph it looks like you had some volume reduction in both cheeks along with whatever scarring is present.  I can't fully evaluate the scarring in these photos.  

Treatment will need  address the volume loss as well as the scarring.  For the volume a HA filler will probably work well to temporary correction of  the defect.  These fillers can be dissolved if necessary, but they should be effective to improve the hollow area in the cheeks.  Longer term options for the future include Sculptra or fat transfer.  The scarring on the skin could be improved with dermabrasion, scar revision, chemical peels, etc.  

I would recommend at least two consultations with  board certified facial plastics specialists.  You will want to make sure you get a good feeling for your best options.  Don't be afraid to ask plenty of questions.  Best wishes.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dimpleplasty correction

+1

One option that you may consider is hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane or Juvaderm) to help smooth out the depressions left by the procedure.

Dara Liotta, MD