Is It Possible to Correct Asymmetrical Smile Lines?

I have noticed within the last couple of years that my smile lines or rather, possibly maxillae, are asymmetrical. Looking back at pictures I realize that this has always been the case. In addition, I have a crooked nose which is most apparent when I smile at the base of my nose. I pretty much feel i have two faces these days. I love lefty, but hyde.... she may as well stay hidden. I have always been interested in rhinoplasty..perhaps this would help?

Facial asymmetry

+1

Everyone.s face is asymmetric.  This is a sign of beauty.  If you ,ook at any magazine at any beautiful model this is the case.

Facial Asymmetry is the Norm

+1

I have yet to see a person whose face is not asymmetric. Asymmetry is the rule not the exception. While occasionally we can narrow the asymmetry we are rarely able to achieve perfect symmetry.

With your very mild degree of asymmetry I would strongly advise you to save your money and avoid the risks of getting this "fixed". The cure may be much worse than what you now have.

Dr. Aldea

Correcting asymmetric smile lines.

+1

What you have is normal and not noticeable to others: only to you. You look fine and it is possible to look much worse after surgery.

Facial asymmetry

+1

All faces are asymmetric. This can be accentuated during animation such as smiling. Your asymmetry is well within normal and it is evident that you have an attractive face. At this young age, my suggestion is to leave nature alone.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD