What Can Be Done to Correct my Asymmetrical and Droopy Eyes? (photo)

Hi there! I am looking for some different options that I can look into to correct my eyes. As you can see from the photos that I posted, my eyes are uneven. One of my eyes is significantly larger and rounder than the other, and they both appear to droop slightly at the outer corners. I am going to get a consultation with a doctor, but I want an idea as to what some of my options are before I go in. What are some procedures that would fix this? Thank you! (:

Results..

+1

The type of surgery you choose ultimately depends on the results you’re looking for. Notice when you look at your photos that there is always asymmetry in the overall bone structure of the face. For example, you have observed that the right eyebrow is lower than the left eyebrow on your face. It is common for people’s faces to be asymmetric and that is a good explanation for your observations. However, if you decide whether you want to do anything to raise the lower lids or to address any issues regarding the upper eyelids, you should seek the counsel of a surgeon qualified to perform those procedures.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Horrible pictures!

+1

Picture quality here is so poor that it is very difficult to understand your concerns.  Having said that, whenever the surgeon has to break a sweat to understand an aesthetic concern, it usually means that the issue is hard to appreciate.  Should you have craniofacial surgery to adjust the two orbits to the sit at precisely the same place in the facial skeleton?  Hard to image that is a good idea.  

But here is another question:  How much time in a day do you think about this concern?  If you are spending significant amount of time thinking about this, if you avoid social situations because you are concern that others notice this issue or make fun of you because of these differences, you might have a thought disorder called body dysmorphic disorder.  It is important to understand if this is the case because studies have shown that people with BDD and their surgeons do not communicate effectively and this can lead to poor cosmetic surgery outcomes.  A clinical psychologist can assess you for this condition if sound like a possiblity.  I do not think it is possible to be cure of thinking this way but insight is very helpful to avoid the pit falls that occur with this condition.

Uneven upper lids are a fact for most

+1

Everyone has a degree of natural facial asymmetry and for most there is a dominant eye which is slightly larger than the other. Your photos are dark though you look young and you should approach any 'suggestions' with caution.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Difference in eyes before surgery

+1

the pictures are dark, making it hard to see subtle differences, but in general, when discussing the size of the eye, one must consider many things. One area that is not usually touched on, because it can be nearly impossible to correct, is the size of the eye socket itself. There are always differences from right to left in their size and that can affect the appearance of the eye as much if not more as the tissues themselves. I think asking your doctor when you have the consultation, when he can see the area more clearly, is the best option for you.

Julio Garcia, MD