How to Correct an African American Crooked Nose

I have had various trauma to the left side of my face, and my nose seems to have been knocked to the right is it possible to correct this?

Repairing a Crooked Nose

+1

Most noses that demonstrate a deviation to one side can be signficantly improved. Depending upon the degree of the deformity and what parts of the nose are involved, the repair may be relatively easy or complex. The basic techniques really are not too different between the various ethnic noses but there may be additional issues than need to be addressed such as tip support and definition. An experienced surgeon should be able to assess your concerns and anatomy and create a plan likely to give you the result you are looking for. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Crooked nose after trauma

+1

Correction of a crooked nose may be as simple as adding filler tissue (cartilage, fascia etc.) to the depressed area to more extensive procedures to correct breathing problems and align the cartilage and bones of the nose.  You should see a plastic surgeon who has experience working on African American noses. 

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

+1

A crooked nose is a crooked nose. While there are certain nuances with the various different ethnicities, treating the crooked nose is basically the same.