Can a coronal Brow Lift be re-done after 14 years?

I had a coronol browlift about 14 years ago and it was great. My brow now seems to be reverting back to how it was prior to the original lift. Can I have the procedure done again?

Browlift

+1
Yes, a coronal brow lift can be redone after this time.  Keep in mind that you may be able to have a lesser procedure which may produce a satisfactory result  such as a mini browlift or a subcutaneous brow lift through anterior hairline incisions .  These procedures may be able to correct  your concerns with less post operative discomfort. You need to obtain appropriate recommendations from a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with plenty of experience with all types of brow lift procedures. 

+1
Yes a coronal browlift can be re-done after 14 years but should it be done will depend on a few factors. That is, many of the possible procedures will depend on what is evaluated during an in-office consultation. 

First, assessing if a browlift would be in your best interest or doing something else like fat transfer would be evaluated.

Also, the the position of your hairline will also have to be considered as elevating the hairline at the expense of higher eyebrows may not be in your best interest.  However, there are other techniques that prevent or limit the elevation of the hairline, which the coronal browlift technique did not prevent. 

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Can a coronal brow lift be redone after 14 years?

+1
A previous brow lift does not preclude you from having another. There are several brow lifting techniques available now. You can consult with a board certified surgeon who has expertise is these procedures.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Second browlift

+1
You can repeat a browlift if you think your brow has fallen.   Most surgeons have gone from a coronal approach to using an endoscopic surgery to decrease on the scarring.  Or if your hairline is high you could do a pretrichial lift where the incision is placed directly at the hairline and this will move your hairline down.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can coronal brow lift be re-done 14 years later?

+1
A brow lift can be redone whenever the timing is right, so it would be fine to have it redone 14 years after your first one.  There are a variety of surgical approaches that could be used, so the coronal approach may not be your best option.  In addition to endoscopic approaches, the procedure can also be done by utilizing an incision at the hairline, so that your hairline is not raised.  You should be able to discuss the options at the time of your consultation.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Second Coronal Brow Lift 14 Years Later?

+1
A second coronal brow lift can be done but your present hairline position will determine if this is advisable. A coronal or endoscopic brow lift will raise your hairline again. Pictures or a personal examination are necessary to clarify your options.