Coronal Brow Lift 2 Days Ago, One Brow Won't Raise?

Coronal brow lift 2 days ago, One brow won't raise.How long should I give it before I become concerned that the problem is permanent?

One eyebrow won't raise after coronal browlift

+2

At two days after surgery, you may have temporary injury to the temporal branch of the facial nerve, or you may have swelling stiffening the tissues making it hard for your brow to raise.

Both should resolve very significantly within the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you see any improvement at all in that span of time, rest assured you will return to complete function.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unable to raise brow after coronal brow lift

+2

In all likelihood this is a temporary situation and should resolve spontaneously but it can take anywhere from a week to a year depending on the cause of injury to the frontal branch of the Facial nerve, the nerve that causes movement in the forehead and brow. It could be just bruised or differ from heat tras from use of cautery.  I am sure your surgeon will address your concern.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unable to raise brow after a brow lift

+2

You could of sustained trauma to the frontal branch of the facial nerve.  This is the nerve that is the motor branch to the frontalis muscle.  It is unusually to completely cut the nerve.  More than likely this is a temporary situation and will begin to get better over the next 6 - 8 weeks.  Bring this to the attention of your surgeon and he will be able to give you more information.