One breast bigger after BL/BA.. Help ??

I'm 2 weeks post op from a full BL/BA I had some asymmetry before my surgery and I thought that the lift will help my breast look a lil more even.. I've notice that my left breast is bigger with more side boob ( have to mention left breast was bigger before surgery) could this be just swelling ?? My right breast is feeling more like part of my body , the left one is a lil more sore . My ps said there is more swelling on the left side cuz he did more work on it , is that true ? .

One breast bigger after BL/BA.. Help ?? I would concur with your plastic surgeon

+2

I can see the asymmetry that you have observed and can probably feel. The asymmetry can be due to many factors, including actual fluid within the breast implant cavity as well as the swelling from "more work on" the left side. Give it time to settle in. This can take up to three months, but you should see it going in the right direction by six weeks.

Dr. Seare

Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1
Thanks for your question - your breasts look very good especially for just 2 weeks post-op. Slight asymmetries will resolve as the swelling subsides. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry 2 weeks post op

+1

At 2 weeks out, you are too early to make any judgements. Preoperative photos always help in answering your questions on RealSelf.

Keep in mind that it is 2 different surgeries. One on each breast. They will swell and heal differently. Most of the swelling subsides and the implants drop by 3-4 months.

I know it's difficult, but try and be patient. You need to wait 4-6 months to see what your final result will be. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon so they can reassure you as well. Best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Asymmetry Two Weeks After BL/BA - Is It Real?

+1

Thank you for your question and your photograph. Since you took this picture in the mirror, I am assuming your left breast is, in fact, the left one in the photograph. Your left breast has a little more side boob which allows the implant to move sideways, but your right breast has more height.

Because of this, I am going to assume that they are of equal size because it is hard to assess the size of a breast when the volume is in different or asymmetric positions. Also, because of the taping, I am going to assume you had a standard mastopexy with an anchor incision. The vertical line from your nipple to your inframammary fold is very tight at this point, but time and gravity will loosen this area allowing both implants to move downward and forward, giving you a more standard teardrop breast shape.

All in all, it looks like you had a great lift/augmentation, and you are to be congratulated for choosing such an apparently excellent plastic surgeon.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Lift Result Looks Excellent, Relax

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. You really look excellent after breast augmentation and breast lift at 2 weeks. The fullness and asymmetry that you see now is primarily due to swelling and the distortion caused by surgery. 2 weeks is far too early to be worried.

Your result really looks excellent at this point and I predict the asymmetry and fullness you see now will resolve as the breast and skin adjust to implant and the new location of your nipple areola.

Be sure to express your concerns to your plastic surgeon and I feel confident he or she will reassure you.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Asymmetry

+1

Any asymmetry in size that existed in your breasts prior to your surgery would be expected to exist after surgery unless two different sized implants were used or breast was removed from the larger sized breast. That said it is way to early to judge your final result

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast surgery

+1

You may indeed have some asymmetry in both size and shape once your surgery is healed. But it is entirely too early to worry about things yet. It almost always takes at least 3 months and sometimes as much as 6 months or longer for you to see your final results. Be patient and listen to the advice of your plastic surgeon.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon