Is 550 / 600 cc enough after a full breast lift? Is it a good choice? (photo)

I'm getting a full breast lift with replacement of my now 425cc saline implants .. After breast feeding 2 kids I have a lot of saggy skin , I'm thinking on getting 550/600 cc silicone uhp implants this time .. I want to know if the amount of cc I'm getting is enough to give me a not so natural look an upper fullness after the lift ??? Btw I'm 5'6 117 lbs actual cup size Saggy 34D but would like to be a full DD..,

Is 550 / 600 cc enough after a full breast lift? Is it a good choice?

+1

Usually a larger implant hastens breast descent and tissue thinning, particularly in a patient who already needs a lift due to sagging tissues.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant size

+1

To me the size seems large. I prefer not to use overly large implants combined with lifts. The complication rate is higher and the breasts will sag faster with larger implants.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implant exchange and a lift

+1

A lift is certainly reasonable and if you want a larger volume that probably could be accomplished as well. Remember increasing the volume of the implants will not guarantee the specific cup size.

Revision Augmentation Mastopexy

+1

The 600cc implant you are contemplating is roughly 40% larger than your current implant, which translates into a at least a cup size change. Probably enough, but showing photos of models whose proportions you like would help, rather than requesting a bra size.

One thing that concerns me is your choice of UHP implants. I want to clarify a few facts about HP and UHP implants. They only do one thing reliably: give more projection for any given volume. They do not give more fulness in the upper pole than a lower profile implant, and in fact can ultimately give you less due to unpredictable drop out that all higher profile implants are prone to do. Additionally, HP and UHP implants are associated with more complications than lower profile implants, which brings me to my final point.

Augmentation mastopexy is associated with the highest rate of complications in breast augmentation. Many reputable surgeons prefer to do it in stages because of this, so that they can get better control of each part of the surgery and therefore get a better result without as high a risk of complications. However, there are many cosmetic breast surgery experts that do this operation regularly with good results and low complications. These surgeons specialize and have a great reputation as revision breast surgery experts too. Be selective, and look at photos of similar operations done on similar breast type. If the surgeon is experienced, he should be able to show you a few very similar examples.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS