Corners of the Mouth Treatment? Two Lines Going Downward?

I can't seem to find a plastic surgeon to correct my corners of the mouth. I tried fillers and Botox but never got them to disappear completely. Every time I look at the mirror that's all I see the two lines going downward in stead of upward. I'm looking for a surgeon in the Tampa bay area in Florida with experience in performing lip corner lift. Thank you

Lifting the corner of the mouth

+2

Lifting the corner of the mouth directly will leave permanent scars there. Some peopel heal well, and others do not. If you have alot of loose skin, a facelift may help with fillers in combination.  Best to be seen in person.

+1

Photos, of your face not smiling would help assess the Marrionette Lines.  These are typically caused by "jowls" in an aging face.  You can fill up these folds if jowls are present the correction effects will be limited.  Lip Lifts performed at the corners, of the mouth, provide a temporary effect but seem to allow sagging in just a couple of years.  This is not a fair trade off for visible scars in my opinion and for that reason, I think you might want to reconsider that decision.

Downward Corners of the Mouth Corrected Effectively with Juvederm or Restylane

+1

Dear writer, Your concern is a very common one among all of our patients, and one of the most rewarding, as well as at times challenging, procedures for us as physicians to perform. What is most important in your case, is to have a proper evaluation as to the choice of fillers and areas of injection. For example, if your malar area / cheekbone has lost a significant amount of volume, and there are prominent tear troughs as well, this volume loss should be corrected first, prior to 'fixing' the corners of the mouth. Many times the downward turn of the corners of the mouth is improved and partially corrected by simply lifting the face with new volume (such as with Radiesse filler), where volume has been lost. Once this is achieved, if applicable, the physician will concentrate on lifting or restoring the more pleasant orientation of the corners of the mouth. This particular procedure cannot be done with just one or two injections in one or two angles within the corners because the correction will not be sufficient and it will not last. Multiple entry points of the needle, and in various orientations (including going inside the upper lip's corner) are performed in order to obtain a desirable and lasting correction of the downward turn of the corners of the mouth. I will be happy to recommend to you a very knowledgable  dermatologist near your area, who is highly skilled in this type of techniques. Dr. Elizabeth Callahan in the Sarasota area. I wish for you to have a great experience. From Miami, Dr. Bowes

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Sad corners can be fixed with injectables

+1

Sad corners of the mouth can be corrected with injectables. This can be a tricky place and if this is caused by a draping of skin more than a wrinkling, you might need fillers in another area to help p[ull this up and back. Go see an experienced injector. Also, if you could send us photos, that would be great.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Droopy mouth corners

+1

The surgery for the lifting of corners of mouth will leave permanent scars. You should think twice before undergoing any surgery. Try someone highly experienced with fillers even if you have to fly to different city. An injection of Belotero into the corner along with multiple injections of Sculptra in cheeks will pull up the corners. You can maximize that look by getting Botox in DAO muscle as well. Please think about these options before undertaking the surgery. Don't get me wrong, I am a facial plastic surgeon and love surgery but some surgeries should be used as a last option. IMHO Regards Dr. J Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip corner lift

+1

This is one of those procedures that after having done one I swore I would never, ever do another. If you cannot solve the problem with fillers or a preauricular facelift......... I would absolutely NOT do a corner of the mouth surgical procedure. Simple reason.....You will always have an unnatural and unsightly, yet very eye catching scar at the corners of your mouth.  Does not matter who the surgeon is or how good he does the procedure.....It is simply a bad operation that cannot ever get a worthwhile result.  Do not do it.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Downturn of the corners of the lips

+1

This is a fairly common problem that is usually improved by injecting the depresser muscle of  the corner of the mouth with botox. Unfortunatly  the correction  may not be as good as you would like and the botox needs to be reinjected on a regular basis. There are operative procedures to elevate the corners of your mouth. A wraparound corner lift. I do it with some of my face lifts as a face lift normally does not address that problem. That operation will leave scarring at the corner of your mouth, running along the skin-vermilion border.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Downward turn to the corners of the mouth can be improved- but technique is important

+1

Hi there-

It is important to realize that technique is very important in the achievement of any individual patient's goals. That is to say that it may be possible to improve your problem without surgery, but you need to be sure you are in the right hands- by asking the right questions and asking to see outcomes of previous patients with a similar problem. If your provider can't show you examples of their high quality work in similar cases, I would worry...

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Botox and lip lift

+1

You can have a well-trained injector place Botox to the muscles that pull down the corners of your mouth, for a temporary lip lift. Be sure you consult with an injector that practices this regularly though because over treatment can lead to some unwanted asymmetry.

Sam Naficy, MD