Corneal Ectasia and Latisse

I have corneal ectasia (result of LASIK) and I'd like to know if Latisse is safe to use.

Ectasia and Latisse

+1

Latisse is an eyedrop which increases the length of eyelashes but was originally developed as an ocular anti-hypertensive. If your condition is progressing, reducing the pressure may be beneficial.  Ectasia is now treated worldwide with corneal collagen crosslinking which 90-95% of the time prevents the progression. In the U.S., collagen corneal crosslinking is being investigated and under clinical studies. Check out the CXL USA www site and go to clinical trials.gov to find a center near you that may be performing this treatment.

San Diego Ophthalmologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.