Core Strengthening Exercises to Do After Tummy Tuck?

I had a Tummy Tuck on 2/23/09. My tummy is flat when I stand, but when I bend over, my tummy hangs. Can this be fixed? I also am able to suck in and make it look concave. Should I still be able to do that?

Abdominoplasty should address muscle and fat

+3

Abdominoplasty procedures should address the underlying muscle fascia as well as the overlying skin and subcutaneous fat. Patients undergoing the procedure should discuss the surgical approach with their surgeon. If the muscle fascia layer is not tightened, you may have residual laxity of your anterior abdominal wall when you bend over.

After surgery, your exercise regimen should only be recommended by your surgeon in the context of what they actually did during surgery. Exercise regimens vary greatly with the type of abdominoplasty. Too aggressive of a procedure may harm your abdominoplasty results.

Results after a tummy tuck

+3

It would really help if you posted some before and after photos. But you have to be realistic after such a procedure. It is very difficult to answer such a question as we dont know what you started with, which has a lot to do with it.

There is a limit to how much and how tight one can be pulled and how tight the abdominal fascia can be pulled.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty)

+1

Results from a tummy tuck procedure can vary from patient to patient. Tummy Tucks involve repairing and tightening of the rectus muscles while also removing as much extra tissue and loose skin possible. However, you must be realistic with your expectations. Posting pics may help determine whether you would benefit from a tummy tuck revision.