Can CoolSculpting Help with Fat Pockets and Loose Skin from the Donor Site of a Previous Bbl? (photo)

I received a bbl in 2009 and I am not pleased with the results of the liposuction. My lower abdomen isn't too bad but the upper is my main concern. I believe that it maybe a combination of loose skin and small fat pockets. I'm surprised at the loose skin, seeing as though I was 26yrs old when I received the surgery, no kids, and not a lot of fat was removed. With minimal loose skin would coolsculpting help me?

Irregularities after liposuction and coolsculpting by zeltiq to improve the results

+1

The grooves you have appear as if the liposuction were done by only using a horizontal passage of cannulae. This is unusual. Further liposuction may improve the results but of course, there is always risk with any surgical procedure, and not knowing how exactly your liposuction was done, I can not comment precisely.  CoolSculpting may help reduce residual fat content but it can not make it 100% smooth if the grooves are related to overresection of fat. If this is the case, some fat injections can be done to help lessen the grooves.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

CoolSculpting Results

+1
CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

CoolSculpting is great after Liposuction

+1

Many people have irregularities after liposuction or tummy tucks.  Coolsculpting works wonderfully to help "revise" or improve the results of surgery, this is a very common use of Coolsculpting.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for loose skin

+1

CoolSculpting is not designed to be a weight loss treatment and it is not a good treatment for loose skin. It could, in fact make loose skin even looser. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon