CoolSculpting Upper and Lower Abs in Same Visit? Risk?

My doctor says that the area of "numbness, discomfort and cramps" will be larger but not any worse. Someone else said that her doctor said doing both in the same visit was a really bad idea. I am supposed to do this this weekend, can anyone shed any light on it?

Treat multiple areas during same visit with Coolsculpting

+2

CoolSculpting may be safely performed to both the upper and lower abs in the same visit as long as the treatment areas do not overlap. It is very common to have multiple body areas treated on the same day.

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting of two areas of the abdomen on the same day...?

+2

Coolsculpting can definitely be performed both above and below the belly button on the same day.  Some people do have discomfort of the abdominal area after cool sculpting.  It seems to be more common in the area of the lower abdomen, but can happen in the upper abdomen as well.  I have only had a couple of patients who said it was bad enough to warrant taking pain medication or possibly using a lidocaine (skin numbing) patch on that area.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Can CoolSculpting be done on the upper and lower abdomen in the same visit?

+2

I have performed CoolSculpting on the upper and lower abdomen many times without any complications. I agree with the recommendations of your physician that because you are treating additional areas any degree of discomfort you may experience (and this varies from individual to individual ) will now be distributed to two areas but not necessarily worse. 

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

CoolSculpting Multiple areas

+1

It is becoming more and more common for patients to request CoolSculpting Complete, treatment of multiple areas at once. This process provides faster results.

Patients should be carefully screened prior to receiving a Coolsculpting treatment as this treatment is not safe or appropriate for every person. But, for healthy people who have been determined to be good candidates, treating multiple areas means faster results

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Multiple areas done same visit for CoolSculpting

+1

Most doctors I know, and I, recommend multiple sites to be done the same visit for CoolSculpting. In fact, not only are we doing love handles and abdomen on the same visit, but we've learned that in order to get the best result on the abdomen, many patients need several different zones extending to the sides from the mid abdomen so that some patients undergo 4 or more areas of the abdomen during one visit. We have not noted more discomfort, at all, from such treatment. Rarely, a patient will have significant soreness afterwards for several days to even weeks, when only one site is done so that the multiple sites treatment does not cause a reason to avoid such a treatment plan.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting Treatments

+1

Thank you for your question. Oftentimes patients receive treatment on a variety of areas during a CoolSculpting treatment. You will not  be at risk of harm by having more than one area treated. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Coolsculpting for Upper and Lower Abdomen

+1

I have treated upper and lower abdomen on patients in the same day with no problems.  Each patient is different with how they heal and what they experience.  The abdomen does have the tendency of causing more "tingly"feeling for the patients and/or numbness, etc.

Good Luck!