How much fat will be reduced from the arms by coolsculpting?

How soon will I see the effects of coolsculpting in my arms? 

CoolSculpting Not For Arms

+2
Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared for the flanks (love handles) and abdomen and is proven to be a safe and effective treatment. Unfortunately, it is not cleared for use on the arms. 

CoolSculpting on the Arms

+2

At this time, CoolSculpting of the Arms is "off label".  The area wanting to be treated needs to be assessed by the doctor to make sure that the treatment will be effective.  There are patient's whose area of concern on the arms does fit into the current CoolSculpting applicator.  Careful measurements need to be taken to ensure that the area fitting into the applicator is not just loose skin either.  Zeltiq is coming out with a new handpiece that will be more effective for the arms and legs.

It would be best to be examined by a doctor to see if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting of the arms.  If you are a good candidate and the area is treated, on average, there will be a reduction of 20-25%.

Best Wishes!

CoolSculpting of the upper arms can reduce fat

+2

CoolSculpting of the arms is an off-label procedure as Zeltiq received FDA clearance for the stomach and love handles for the device to freeze fat.  About 20 % reduction in fat volume after treatment  had been seen by ultrasound at four months when CoolSculpting was done on the abdomen and love handles.  The applicators currently were not designed to fit the upper arms and so the current applicators can be used by physicians at their discretion. We await the company's manufacture of arm and thigh-specific applicators.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolsculpting for the arms

+2

Coolsculpting typically reduces a fat bulge in the treated area by 20-25%. It is FDA approved for the love handles but most commonly used on love handles and abdomen. We have not used it on the arms in our practice.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating the arms with CoolSculpting

+2

CoolSculpting patients get on the average of a 20-25 % reduction of the area treated assuming that they are chosen appropriately.  The CoolSculpting device is limited in that the area treated must fit one of the three handpiences currently available.  The applicators are most appropriate for the abdomen, love handles and back fat.  Arms legs and other areas although sometimes possible are frequetly difficult to treat for majority of patients.  I I would suggest you visit a  local CoolSculpting physician for an evaluation and explanation of the treatment.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Arms, Coolsculpting

+2

Currently, treatment of the arms is difficult with Coolsculpting due to the dimensions and size of the handpieces. Only very select patients can undergo arm treatment. also this is an off-label use of the device. For most patients, treatment of the arms is not possible.  If you have a very large upper arm and if the device can adhere strictly to the back of the arm without involving the under surface of the arm and without causing numbness of the hand, then it can theoretically be achieved.  

I would recommend treating other areas until new handpieces enable treatment of the arms.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting of the arms

+1
A 22 to 40 percent reduction of the fat treated will be lost permanently!

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including CoolSculpting® tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting Arms

+1
CoolSculpting can be done at the arms, but it is considered and off-label treatment area. The same amount of fat is reduced at the arms as with other body areas, and is normally around 20-25% reduction. It is always best to have a consultation to assess the area to be treated to see if you are a candidate for the treatment because sometimes the area can have excess skin and not necessarily fat which can't be addressed with CoolSculpting.

Steven H. Williams, MD