Is CoolSculpting with Zeltiq a Good Idea for Me? (Male, Abdomen & Chest)

I have been training for the last 3 months hard eating right and training in mma, judo , and jiu-jitsu i feel great. But my belly and man breast refuse to leave. I have been weight training and trying not to drop to fast so i stay tight but, its killing me. Would it be a good idea to try CoolSculpting with Zeltiq or should i just stay on my course.

CoolSculpting for men

+2

Gynecomastia by definition is proliferation of male breast tissue.  While  I do not expect that CoolSculpting will reduce fibrous breast tissue,  CoolSculpting may have the effect in some patients of reducing breast area subcutaneous fat excess.

We are currently studying CoolSculpting on men's breasts in my practice.  I am hoping that men with excellent skin tone no nipple or areola irregularities and a small amount of unwanted fat in the breast area could achieve positive results with CoolSculpting.  Although this is something I am studying,  we are currently not offering CoolSculpting for male breast reduction  to the general population.

If you do elect to have this are treated, I would strongly suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs a significant number of gynecomastia surgery procedures in addition to offering CoolSculpting.

There are certainly some cases of gynecomastia that would NOT benefit, and could potentially be worsened by treatment with CoolSculpting alone.

Web reference: http://www.bluewaterspa.com/coolsculpting.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Male Breast Tissue

+2

Zeltiq CoolSculpting is a good non-surgical option to help reduce some of the excess volume in your chest.  However, Zeltiq will NOT address any glandular tissue - it will reduce only what is fat.  That being said, I highly recommend you come in for a consultation to determine how much of your tissue is fat and how much is glandular.  We will know upon exam what kind of realistic result you can expect.  We have had great success when treating gynocomastia in the past - though patient selection is key. 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com/plastic_surgery/zeltiq.cfm

CoolSculpting Will Not Treat Sagging Skin

+1

Coolsculpting is a relatively new procedure that has high satisfaction rates. The procedure is most effective when treating small localized collections of fat. Results are excellent with this procedure, but dependent upon appropriate patient selection.

Although coolsculpting would probably remove fat from both your abdomen and chest, these areas should be approached with caution for several reasons. Your pictures suggest laxity of your breast and abdomen skin. Coolsculpting could potentially result in significant skin sag that might require a skin resection.

In addition, you may have a condition known as gynecomastia. When this occurs there’s actual growth of the breast tissue. Under these circumstances coolsculpting may not be effective.

For these reasons, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon, should be able to help you decide which option is best for you. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

+1

Thank you for your question. Based on the information you shared, I believe CoolSculpting would be your best option. CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Of course, your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation. Best of luck!

Coolsculpting candidates

+1

It appeas as though you're a good candidate for the procedure, but it's hard to tell you exactly without actually examining you.

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_TheScienceBehindCoolsculpting_6910095.aspx

CoolSculpting is not a treatment for gynecomastia

+1

The love handles may improve with CoolSculpting but the breasts may contain breast tissue more than adipose (fat) tissue. Gynecomastia is best treated by a plastic surgeon who would excise the tissue.  If however, the surgeon examines you and feels that a majority of the breast mass is fat and not breast tissue, then coolSculpting might be done as an off-label procedure.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

CoolSculpting For Men

+1

CoolSculpting works great for active men who do not want the down time of surgery and liposuction.  Although based on your pictures, you have a lot of loose skin that CoolSculpting does not address well, you may need some skin removal procedures.  I have had my breasts treated with CoolSculpting and had great results!!

Web reference: http://www.bodybyfinkle.com

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

When CoolSculpting is a Good Option

+1

Definitely continue your hard work training and eating a healthy diet. CoolSculpting may be an option for you if you reduce to a weight that your happy with and you still have residual fatty pockets in the abdomen. Right now this would not be a good option for the breasts.

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq good for fat reduction.

+1

Absolutely give Coolsculping a try on diet resistant fat.  You may want to also consider Thermage to assist with some skin tightening as well.

Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting results for men

+1

Coolsculpting has been a wonderful treatment for fat reduction and is most beneficial for those who do take care of themselves but continue to have areas where they cannot reduce fat.

As a patient myself, the treatment works and I can easily recommend it.  We have treated patients with gynecomastia as well with nice results.

You do need to have at least an "inch" of fat to pinch so that the applicator fits well.

Web reference: http://www.351face.com/zeltiq_coolsculpting.php

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon