Is CoolSculpting with Zeltiq a Good Idea for Me? (Male, Abdomen & Chest)

I have been training for the last 3 months hard eating right and training in mma, judo , and jiu-jitsu i feel great. But my belly and man breast refuse to leave. I have been weight training and trying not to drop to fast so i stay tight but, its killing me. Would it be a good idea to try CoolSculpting with Zeltiq or should i just stay on my course.

CoolSculpting for men

+2

Gynecomastia by definition is proliferation of male breast tissue.  While  I do not expect that CoolSculpting will reduce fibrous breast tissue,  CoolSculpting may have the effect in some patients of reducing breast area subcutaneous fat excess.

We are currently studying CoolSculpting on men's breasts in my practice.  I am hoping that men with excellent skin tone no nipple or areola irregularities and a small amount of unwanted fat in the breast area could achieve positive results with CoolSculpting.  Although this is something I am studying,  we are currently not offering CoolSculpting for male breast reduction  to the general population.

If you do elect to have this are treated, I would strongly suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs a significant number of gynecomastia surgery procedures in addition to offering CoolSculpting.

There are certainly some cases of gynecomastia that would NOT benefit, and could potentially be worsened by treatment with CoolSculpting alone.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Male Breast Tissue

+2

Zeltiq CoolSculpting is a good non-surgical option to help reduce some of the excess volume in your chest.  However, Zeltiq will NOT address any glandular tissue - it will reduce only what is fat.  That being said, I highly recommend you come in for a consultation to determine how much of your tissue is fat and how much is glandular.  We will know upon exam what kind of realistic result you can expect.  We have had great success when treating gynocomastia in the past - though patient selection is key. 

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting for Male Breast Reduction

+1
Male breast reduction is not an area that the FDA has approved for coolsculpting. However, the results for fat reduction in the male breasts can be excellent at a properly expert coolsculpting center. Coolsculpting is not designed to treat glandular tissue. Patient selection is key. Consult with a board certified physician who offers surgical options and coolsculpting to determine which option is best for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cool sculpting and male breast tissue

+1
Cool sculpting can be used to treat male chest areas that are fatty.  They will be unable to do anything with breast tissue.  You should be seen and examined to evaluate the tissue and understand your options.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting Will Not Treat Sagging Skin

+1

Coolsculpting is a relatively new procedure that has high satisfaction rates. The procedure is most effective when treating small localized collections of fat. Results are excellent with this procedure, but dependent upon appropriate patient selection.

Although coolsculpting would probably remove fat from both your abdomen and chest, these areas should be approached with caution for several reasons. Your pictures suggest laxity of your breast and abdomen skin. Coolsculpting could potentially result in significant skin sag that might require a skin resection.

In addition, you may have a condition known as gynecomastia. When this occurs there’s actual growth of the breast tissue. Under these circumstances coolsculpting may not be effective.

For these reasons, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon, should be able to help you decide which option is best for you. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

+1
Thank you for your question. Based on the information you shared, I believe CoolSculpting would be your best option. CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Of course, your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation. Best of luck!

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Coolsculpting candidates

+1

It appeas as though you're a good candidate for the procedure, but it's hard to tell you exactly without actually examining you.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

CoolSculpting is not a treatment for gynecomastia

+1

The love handles may improve with CoolSculpting but the breasts may contain breast tissue more than adipose (fat) tissue. Gynecomastia is best treated by a plastic surgeon who would excise the tissue.  If however, the surgeon examines you and feels that a majority of the breast mass is fat and not breast tissue, then coolSculpting might be done as an off-label procedure.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting For Men

+1

CoolSculpting works great for active men who do not want the down time of surgery and liposuction.  Although based on your pictures, you have a lot of loose skin that CoolSculpting does not address well, you may need some skin removal procedures.  I have had my breasts treated with CoolSculpting and had great results!!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

When CoolSculpting is a Good Option

+1

Definitely continue your hard work training and eating a healthy diet. CoolSculpting may be an option for you if you reduce to a weight that your happy with and you still have residual fatty pockets in the abdomen. Right now this would not be a good option for the breasts.

Leo Keegan, MD