Will Coolsculpting on the Lovehandles And/or Stomach Work for Me? (photo)

Do I have enough fat in the "lovehandle" and/or stomach area to benefit from coolsculpting? Would it be more beneficial to put the device closer to my back rather than on the sides for the lovehandle area? Thank you!

Is CoolScultping right for me?

+2

Thank you for your question.  The quick answer to your question is you appear to be an excellent candidate for CoolSculpting.  CoolSculpting is an excellent treatment for the non-invasive removal of fat and works very well for those stubborn bulges in the stomach, love handles and back.  Placement of the device is best made at the time of in person evaluation but I generally like to place over the center of the bulge.  In addition, in some individuals I will sometimes make a recommendation to treat with two applications to a love handle to ensure that we are treating both the front and rear portion of the sides. 

Long Island Dermatologist

Will Coolsculpting work for your love handles?

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.

From the photos, it does look like you are a good candidate for Coolsculpting.  It will be up to you and the doctor for the exact placement of the handpiece for the best results.  It may take a few treatments in different areas to address the areas that concern you.

Throughout the treatment, controlled cooling is administered with a non-invasive applicator to an area intentionally targeting fat cells. As the procedure is initiated, vacuum pressure draws tissue into an applicator cup between cooling panels. The vacuum pressure may cause sensations of deep pulling, tugging and pinching in the area being treated.  Results are generally seen with one treatment but for more dramatic effects you may wish to have additional treatments performed. Results are sometimes visible within three weeks following your treatment, but full results will be noticeable within two to four months.

CoolSculpting to lose the love handles as done in our NYC practice

+1

CoolSculpting has a very high safety profile and when there is a small amount of fat that is resistant to diet and exercise, and possibly not worth going through a liposuction procedure, it is easier to recommend CoolSculpting. When there is more than 2/3 of an inch of fat that's pinched between two fingers, that may be enough fat to warrant CoolSculpting provided the applicator can fit well on the area. Often, in my NYC practice, I have found that in liposuction and CoolSculpting, I need to reduce the fat compartment of the outer lower back that is slightly higher, but runs into, the outer love handle. This lower back contributes to the bulge laterally (outwardly) as the mass of the fat pushes on the lovehandle. Some patients have more of the lower back than the lateral fat and some have a significant anterior (forward) compartment as well. 

The doctors in our NYC practice examine patients to see if they're candidates. Sometimes the bulge is just loose skin which won't get corrected from the treatment. The right applicator has to be fitted to secure good suction and often, multiple applicators need to be used, in an overlapping configuration to treat the back, lateral and possibly the anterior components of the love handle.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting for Elimination of fat on waist

+1

The ideal candidate for CoolSculpting is near their ideal body weight with limited areas of excess fat. The clients we often see for CoolSculpting in my Raleigh, NC office are very fit and toned with small areas of fat that seem to be resistant to diet and exercise.  You look very fit, but there appears to be enough fat on your sides to make you an excellent candidate for Coolsculpting.

If receiving CoolSculpting on the sides, you would either need two sessions (one on each side) or, find a physician that provides treatment with two systems simultaneously so you can have both sides treated in one hour.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Coolsculpting

+1

Typically the best candidates have fat that can be pinched away from the body in either the love handle or abdominal area. Both of these areas respond consistently with Coolsculpting in appropriate patients.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting excellent for 'Sculpting'.

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Coolsculpting is an excellent technique for sculpting problem areas.  Not as good for general weight loss.  You are an excellent candidate in that you have specific problems areas as well have good skin elasticity.  I place the cup of the applicator over the most prominent portion of the buldge.  This is also usually where the skin is the most elastic as well.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Love Handles and Stomach - perfect match

+1

You look like the ideal candidate - you're obviously in good shape and have no visually obvious weight issues.

Placement of the applicators is based on the best "fat grab" so that you'll get the most benefit from each locale. Your treating provider will determine this at the time of your consult or treatment.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist